Employee Services Manager – MTN Nigeria, one of the largest telecom operator has the vacancy below for a suitably qualified person to join its HR Services.
Job Title: Employee Services Manager
- Extract Value From What We Already Have By Focusing On Optimizing Processes Within The Unit/Department In Line With The Value Creation Philosophy. This Includes Individual Contributions And Recommendations To Improve Existing Business Project/Initiative, Capital/Budget Efficiency Activities Within The Unit, Contracts Review And Negotiation In Collaboration With The Procurement Team, Structural Changes Within The Unit Etc.
- Drive Innovation By Identifying And Taking Advantage Of New Business Opportunities, E.G., By Stimulating And Encouraging New Business Opportunities, Launch Of Products, Product/Process Innovation, Business Model Innovation Etc.
- Maintain Leadership In The ICT/Digital Industry By Influencing Stakeholders Within Your Immediate Ecosystem For MTNN’s Benefit. This Includes Participation In Credible External Think-Tank Sessions, Involvement In Inter-Divisional Focus Group Sessions To Improve Business Performance Etc.
- Enhance/Expand MTN’s Role In The Larger National Macro Environment By Participating In CSR Projects And/Or NGO’s, Involvement In Recognized Professional Institutions, Think-Tank Activities Etc.
- Role Model The Vital Behaviours Needed To Sustain Organisational Performance And Drive People Management Activities By Being The Principal Coach For Your Direct Reports Using The People Management Framework. Participate In Employee Engagement Projects Such As Mentorship, Facilitating Programs, Etc. In Addition, Support Recruitment, On Boarding And Grievance Management Processes Etc.
- Review The Performance Of HR Service Team On A Regular Basis And Identifying Opportunities For HR Service Improvements, Ensuring Service Levels Meet Customer Requirement Especially With Regards To Process Velocity, Efficiency And Robustness Of The Design.
- Manage Human Resources Service Channels And Develop Service Improvement Strategies To Enhance The Effectiveness Of HR Services.
- Define And Agree Service Levels With HR Customers, Track And Monitor Services And Provide Periodic Reports On Delivery Of Services For Management Review.
- Review And Update Shared Service Systems, Processes And SLAs To Reflect Changing Technology And Policies, Ensuring Administrative Excellence Within The Processes.
- Oversee The Maintenance Of Workforce Data And Ensure Security, Reliability And Secured Access To Related Information.
- Interpret HR Policies To The Business And Ensure Shared Understanding Of HR Policies Across HR And The Business.
- Manage The Expatriate Quota Administration, Work Permits And Visa Requirements As Required.
- Provide Landing Support For Expatriate Staff And Their Family, Providing For Their Accommodation And Overseeing The Negotiation Of Contracts (Property, School, Employment) For Expatriates.
- Manage The Process Of Contract Renewal For Expatriate Staff Within The Group.
- Provide Monthly HR Service Centre Reports For Management Review And Monitor Generation Of Workforce Reports And Ensure Timely Preparation Of HR Operations Reports (Quarterly Reports, PDR, Monthly Reports.
- Oversee Development Of Grievance And Disciplinary Process Reports.
- Coach And Train The Team To Ensure Understanding Of The Objectives And Goals Of The Department, Awareness Of Set Targets/Requirements And Regularly Review Their Training Needs.
- Review Performance Of Individual Team Members And Complete Appraisals In Accordance With The Employee Performance Appraisal Procedures And Time Schedules.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
Experience & Training
- First Degree Preferably In The Social Sciences, Business Administration Or Any Other Relevant Degree
- Fluent In English
- Minimum 6 Years’ Experience Which Includes:
- Minimum Of 3 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialisation; With Experience In Supervising/Managing Others
- Experience Working In A Medium To Large Organization
- Experience In Employee Relations And Expatriate Service Management
- Industrial Relations And Labour Law
- Immigration Law
- Relationship Management
- People Management
- Expatriate Management
Minimum Qualification: BA, BEd, HND, BSc Or BTech