Purpose of Job Role
Responsible for the financial and operational and delivery performance of the Operations Assurance and Broadcast Operations assignments within a Managed Services Deal. Responsible to manage the applicable WLAs and OLAs with delivery organizations, manage the delivery of operations, ensuring that operations delivery is fulfilling the contracted Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to serve as the primary escalation point for critical incident, Broadcast Delivery Operations escalations, and performance reporting towards the customer.
The IP / EPC expert is responsible for securing the operations activities and performs his / her responsibilities according to the following points.
- Daily EPC Network alarm monitoring & fault troubleshooting
- Daily core alarm & availability reports
- Daily, weekly & monthly performance reports
- End to End operational & maintenance support for SGSN, GGSN & EPC nodes (MME, EPG, DNS, NTP, Router, switch & Firewall)
- Interfaces with networks operation monitoring team during core network related faults
- Responsible for raising CSRs and liaises with 2nd level support team during network fault incidents.
- Responsible for acceptance testing of all SGSN, GGSN and EPC nodes integrated into the network
- Implements IP/ Core network related change requests
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years of relevant Experience
- A first Academic Degree or equivalent qualification
- Expert knowledge of LTE/EPC network architecture including VOLTE.
- Expert knowledge of SGSN / GGSN nodes.
- Knowledge of 3GPP based architecture and call flows, 3GPP/IETF standards, UEs and tools used in the implementation and operation of SGSN /MME or SGSN/GGSN network elements.
- Expertise in developing and executing object lists for testing core elements using protocol analysers –MME, SGSN, GGSN & EPC.
- In-depth knowledge and strong experience with Ericsson EPG, MME, SGSN, GGSN node CLI.
- Knowledge of protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, S1AP, Diameter, GTP, M3UA, SCCP, RANAP, GMM, SM) and high level understanding of OSPF, MPLS, VRRP, SSH, SNMP, and L2 VLAN).
- Specific experience testing network functions to include paging, intra and inter technology mobility, session management, and QOS.
- Hands on experience integrating network hardware platforms including SGSN,GGSN, EPG and MME elements.
- Knowledge of DNS, IP addressing, NAT, load distribution.
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Persuading & Influencing
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Relating & Networking