KPMG requires the services of a Facilities Manager.
Roles and responsibilities:
- take charge of the facilities team
- take charge of the Facilities management company ensuring all the SLAs are met
- building and grounds maintenance
- preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors; processing contractual documents
- project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors;
- calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- liaising with tenants to achieve excellence in partnership
- maintaining the vendor registration process to ensure it meets the firms standards
- coordinates the vendor payment process to ensure completeness and correctness and avoid delays
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, building and all other customer services.
- Collaborate with Procurement Manager in identify, evaluate and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers, to meet business requirements.
- develop and maintain Facilities operational polices ensuring they are properly implemented
- directing and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal;
- prompt processing of all regulatory requirements including payments to Local Government
- ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements;
- planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises;
- checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- coordinating and leading facilities teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
- using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- ensuring the 99.999% availability of building facilities to enable provision of a world class office environment
- working closely with the maintenance contract company to ensure they perform their duties as required
- develop and implement policies and procedures to eliminate wastages and reduce cost
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely response and resolution of all facility issues.
- Ability to manage budgets and cost prudently.
- Result oriented
- Actively eliminate wastages and losses
- Timeliness of management information and reports.
- Level of services to internal and external users
- Cleanliness, effectiveness and efficiency of all facilities
- Cost saving and elimination of wastages
- Ability to manage the Facilities team to attain positive and impactful results
- Ability to respond to the 24-hour on-call nature of managing a complex facility and to work occasional weekends as needed.
- Experience managing a facility of 25, 000 square metre or larger
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 10 years working experience in a similar role.
- Industry specific experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Deep knowledge of building maintenance activities, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, generators, STP and Lifts
- Proficient at written and verbal, communication skills in English.
- Proficient at negotiating terms and conditions of projects/contracts.