Fan Milk Nigeria hiring Assistant Supply Chain Manager
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the Supply Chain Manager as the next in line of authority to support supply chain operations. To efficiently and effectively drive down costs, maximize customer service and improve the bottom line of Fan Milk Nigeria.
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, who provides professional guidance/direction to the warehousing, distribution, depot service and sales asset management unit; as well as operating in a supportive role for other departments in the Organisation.
Responsibilities include; reporting, cost analysis, stock management, process development and implementation, long term strategic planning, forecasting and demand planning, customer service and daily operational management within the supply chain.
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- The incumbent is expected to manage day to day Supply Chain Operations within warehousing, distribution, depot service and sales asset management unit.
- Improve and maintain customer service operations while increasing controls and reducing costs.
- Ensure policies and procedures are designed, implemented and maintained to secure smooth daily operations.
With the Supply Chain Manager:
- Develop the department’s strategy, structures and KPI’s.
- Continuously provide direction to the team while defining and following up on improvement action plans.
- Drive change and lead the implementation of best practice.
- Operational management of the external and internal logistics contracts and Service Level Agreements, including efficient conflict resolutions.
- Deliver optimal service to customers (internal and external).
- Accountable for the identification of logistics costs and implementation of logistics productivity plan projects.
- Lead the team in logistics performance projects.
- Complete all management reports for Logistics division.
- Proactive management of network constraints.
- Provide input into and oversee the supply chain budget.
- Manage and motivate the team in the delivery of team objectives.
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
the ideal candidate should have;
- Relevant Supply Chain Degrees and Courses.
- 10 years working experience in supply chain management environment at managerial level.
- Detailed knowledge of end to end supply chain processes and best practices with experience working in various areas of supply chain and ideally within FMCG.
- Good knowledge & use of Ms word/excel/email and an ERP system.
- Administrative/paperwork/Numerical & reporting skills.
- Project Management and Organising skills.
- Right Attitude, attention to detail, focused on results, time management and completion of tasks.