SENCE is looking Farm Manager for one of its client. Sence is a reputable agency managed by Mrs ibok who doubled as the founder and CEO of SENCE. A lawyer and HR specialist with a passion for innovation and SMEs.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Oversee day to day operations in the Farm i.e. planning the running of the farm; setting budget and production targets; buying and selling produce; keeping financial records and records of crops.
• Create schedules for planting and harvesting on the farm, deciding which crops to plant and in what quantities and what fertilizers to use.
• Responsible for planning work schedules of farm employees–both full-time and temporary workers.
• Secure necessary funding for the farm and oversee cash flow, ensuring farm workers’ wages are paid, machinery and equipment are repaired and all crops are sold at the best prices.
• Implement the short and long term business plans.
• Drive the business and work with your staff to ensure success.
• Optimise the farm performance in accordance with company policy.
• Organise farm administration and work machinery.
• Organise associated businesses and manage staff.
• Work within best practice environmental guidelines.
• Ensure the farm maintains quality standards
• Identification and reporting of hazard/danger, accidents, near misses, and property damage at the workplace
• Ensuring the appropriate training and record keeping is undertaken
• A degree in Agricultural Science or any related field
• Not less than 6 years experience in a related position and industry.
• Technical and practical competence, as well as the ability to make sound business decisions.
• Have the necessary planning and organisational skills to achieve targets and carry out Company policies as applicable to this property.
• Budgeting skills.
• Problem solving Skills
• Have the ability to act with tact and diplomacy in motivating and disciplining staff.
• Be able to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff.
• Be self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the Company.
• Accept the role as a manager within a corporate farming operation and work actively as a team member in developing and achieving Company objectives.
• Be receptive to learning new technologies to help improve productivity and profitability of the farm.
Work experience 6 years