FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation
The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Work with the country office, zonal-level M&E staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements with respect to GHI programs.
- Provide support to the sites in the zones and state offices, including interacting with site and Disease Program Managers, M&E focal points, M&E officers of NACA/NASCP, SACA/SASCP, NTBLCP/STBLCP, NMCP/SMCP and other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
- Work with zonal and state offices and local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Contribute to the design and technical development of monitoring and evaluation initiatives at national and state level. Provide related capacity building support at zonal and state level.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to zonal and state offices and project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools; assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all Global Health program interventions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the zonal offices responsible for data entry and management. Provide technical assistance to M&E officers of NACA/NASCP, SACA/SASCP, NTBLCP/STBLCP and NMCP/SMCP in integrating FHI data into the national HMIS.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Knowledge of health, reproductive health or HIV/AIDS/STI/TB and Malaria programming in developing countries.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.