IHS Towers is currently shopping for Financial Audit Manager to join its workforce as soon as possible.
Execute, evaluate, and track identified deficiencies with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Apply relevant policies, procedures and processes to ensure adherence and implementation
- Oversee the overall performance of indirect reports and dependencies according to communicated KPIs.
- Identify, map and continuously update key financial controls specific to financial reporting.
- Plan, undertake and supervise financial and system audits within the Finance function to ensure that all functions and systems of Finance are working in line with management-advised guidelines.
- Perform and supervise tests of the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of key financial controls.
- Assist testers undertaking the control self-assessments.
- Train Sox champions on the provisions of Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Collect, review and analyze workings and other financial information prepared by accounting department for identification of exceptions.
- Incorporate external and internal audit findings into testing scope.
- Align internal control evaluations with external audits.
- Supervise the regional audits for: Pre-audit of invoices, Site visits, Cash counts, Inventory count, Document reviews and Other risk & control related tasks
- Review and audit of financial schedules prepared by accounting team.
- Identify and review controls in automation projects for finance in new ERP.
- Support the finance team in implementation of new control activities.
- Test compliance with approved processes and notifying the exceptions.
- Analyze and review other non-financial information reported to management for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist the external auditors in their assessment of internal controls over financial reporting by providing evidence of management review of internal controls.
- Draft consolidated monthly management reports on the assessment of the internal control environment for all the entities
- Contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the department through performing own responsibilities.
- Set own goals and objectives in line with the departmental goals and objectives.
- Education & Experience
- Degree in accounting, audit/risk management
- Chartered Accountant/ACCA certified
- Internal or external audit training
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in audit & accounting with at least two (2) years in a managerial/supervisory role.
- Demonstrate experience in planning and execution of risk based internal or external audits.
- Demonstrate experience in preparation or review of financial results.
- Experience with evaluation of ITGC for integrated financial audits..
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to [email protected] indicating in the subject bar the name of the role. Advert closes November 12, 2018