Financial Controller – We are currently working with a Leading E&P Company for the Oil & Gas Sector in Nigeria for an urgent search for a Financial Controller.
Purpose of the Job:
The Financial Controller oversees all accounting and financial reporting operations for the group, and manages the finance team.
- Collaborate with the Joint Venture Accountant in managing all Joint Venture accounting functions for all assets.
- Monitor Joint Venture cash calls and billings to ensure compliance with approved Joint Venture work programmes and budgets.
- Support the Executive team in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Produce and monitor annual budgets, reforecasts and business plans for the Company.
- Plan and perform operational and financial audits in preparation for the external auditors.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to drive efficient, accurate closing and reporting.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Support the business in dealing with the National Petroleum Investment Management Services, Department of Petroleum Resources and other relevant government agencies.
- Manage the finance team and its activities.
- Manage performance; facilitate development; coach and supervise the team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or a Business discipline preferred.
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA.
- Minimum of 12 years progressive finance and accounting experience including managerial experience, financial reporting, preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecast in an exploration and production company.
- Strong experience in the oil and gas industry (exploration and production only) will be an advantage.
- Experienced in debt financing and mergers & acquisitions.
All applications should be sent in word format with subject as Financial Controller to firstname.lastname@example.org