SUPERVISION OF FINANCE DEPARTMENT
- Supervision of the Finance Department.
- Working closely with junior staff to ensure accurate Financial records are taken and maintained
- Implementation and enforcement of Finance procedures throughout the Company
- Liaising with IT Department to design and install accounting ERP system
- Implementation of Company accounting ERP system
- Auditing of ERP
- Training junior staff on use of ERP
- Training of staff throughout company on use of ERP
- Ensures appropriate and necessary financial controls are in place and documented so as to pass audit or inspection by outside audit firm.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Oversees the management and coordination of fiscal reporting activities, including revenue, expense, and balance sheet reports: monthly, quarterly, annually or on demand.
- Complying and auditing accounting records on a daily basis
- Complying of Management accounts on a weekly to monthly basis
- Assisting the auditors in conducting yearly audits
- Ensuring that the finance reports for each Department are tailored to accurately reflect the nature of the operations of the Department and provide Managers with accurate and usefully complied data with which to manage their operations
- Assisting in maintaining the Company business and corporate finance plans
- Meeting with external consultants and banks, alongside their line Manager, to update the plans and recommend suitable business and finance strategies to Management
- Implementation of procedures required at all levels to enable the successful supervision, management and smooth running of the Company’s finances
MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING PERSONNEL
- Personally supervise the implementation of training programs for all Finance Department personnel
- Assist in the process of recruiting and hiring personnel for the Finance Department
- Control of own human resources including time management
- Ensure all personnel adhere to highest international standards for building, construction, HSE etc.
- Application of company policies and procedures and legislation in respect of the treatment and management of own staff
- Motivate and develop own staff
AUDIT OF SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS
- Employee will be involved in the auditing of suppliers and partners based on objective assessment of the Company’s requirements and the suppliers’ performance / capabilities and comparable prices /service / facilities in the market.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Ensure that all work performed is in line with laid down policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure that all HSE legislation is adhered to
- Reporting of all incidents and accidents in line with procedures
- The Employee will be required to provide assistance to the Company in a wide range of areas, in line with the Employee’s field of experience/expertise
- The Employee may also be required to perform duties not directly related to his/her area of experience or expertise, in which case proper instruction will be provided by the Company
- Ensure that the highest ethical standards are maintained in all company’s activities
- Conduct himself / herself in a dignified and respectful manner that reflects well on the Employer and also sets an example for the other employees.
- Years of experience:
- At least 10 years’ experience working as an accountant
- At least 5 years of experience in managing people
- University degree
- Chartered Accountant
- IFRS Certified
- Comfortable fulfilling designated role within a team environment while applying self-directed work activity
- Demonstrated experience with accounting protocol, activity, and review.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite with particular strength using Excel.
- Competent to review contracts and help negotiate as necessary.
- High ethical, moral, and integrity based discretion, choices, and actions
- Detail Oriented and highly organized