MTN Nigeria needs Financial Planning Accountant (Budget). See details of the offer below:
- To Prepare, Analyse, Oversee And Manage The Annual Business Plan (Consolidated) For MTNN By Applying Fundamental Budgetary Concepts, Practices, And Procedures And Ensuring It Complies With International Financial Reporting Standard
- Review And Analyse Departmental Budget Requests, Make Recommendations For Approval Or Modifications As Required.
- Coordinate The Uploading Of The MTNN Financial And Non-Financial Budget On The Group’s Consolidation Software (Hyperion Financial Management).
- Verify Accuracy Of Data Received From Departments Such As Assumptions, Headcount, Organogram And Opex, Ensuring Alignment With Company Strategy.
- Assist In The Development Of Strategy Documents And The Preparation And Automation Of MTNN Business Plan In The Business Planning Software, Ensuring That Sub Projects Are Incorporated And Business Plan Calculations Are Accurate And Realistic.
- Assist In Integrating Other Systems Such As Magic, IFS With The Business Planning Software.
- Facilitate Effective Budgetary Control Systems By Providing The Budget Assumptions In Explaining Monthly OPEX Variances, Liaising With Budget Coordinators To Facilitate Timely Submission Of Inputs.
- Monitor Adherence To Standard Budgetary Working Policies, Processes And Procedures.
- Ensure Value Is Created When Responding To Enquiries Regarding Budget Procedures And Information From Customers
- Supervise In The Distribution Of Budget And Related Material, Responding To Enquiries Regarding Budget Procedures And Information From Stakeholders.
- Participate In The Coaching Of All Budget Coordinators In Other Divisions On Budget Presentation Continuously Seek Self-Professional Development To Sharpen Skills And Capabilities In A Versatile And Evolving Digital Landscape.
- Foster Active Collaboration And Relationships With Employees Across All Levels And Divisions In Line With MTN’s VB And Values.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
- Open Plan Office
Experience & Training
- First Degree In Any Related Discipline
- Fluent In English
- A Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA Etc)
- Minimum Of 3 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialisation; With Experience Working With Others
- Experience Working In A Medium Organization
- Finance, Budget Or Management Reporting In A Multinational Environment
- Experience In A Financial Reporting Function Is Desirable
- Experience In Data Mining And Analysis
- Experience In Enterprise Financial Systems
- Experience In Telecommunications Industry Will Be An Added Advantage
- Best Practices In Budget Preparation.
- Financial Analysis.
- Advanced Excel, Word And PowerPoint
- Business Modelling
- Basic Leadership Skills
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
BA, BEd, BSc Or HND