IHS Towers need Fixed Assets Officer – Projects in Lagos, Nigeria
Monitor progress of projects and project payments, as well as investigate variances and ensure that projects delivered are captured in the Fixed Asset Register.
- Handle Fixed transactions – additions, disposal, transfer, write-off, etc.
- Contribute towards improvement of controls related to inventory.
- Reconcile inventory sub-ledger accounts to general ledger on a timely basis.
- Conduct detailed analysis of advance payments for all entity projects.
- Work with the Procurement, Technical PMO, Rollout, and other key internal stakeholder teams to monitor and track performance of projects.
- Ensure filing of all project transactions in the general ledger is done and readily available for review.
- Support the Capex approval process to ensure rigorous optimum return on investment and stringent cost management practices.
- Provide decision-support analyses and reporting based on agreed timelines and standards to aid management with financial business decision-making.
- Compile capitalization advice for review.
- Prepare capital expenditure reports to highlight actuals vs budget.
- Prepare reports on cash flow actuals and forecast for capital expenditure.
- Conduct ad-hoc physical verification of physical assets.
- Support Fixed Asset reconciliation and ensure Fixed Asset Register is accurate.
- Prepare analyses to support Capex Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure compliance with approved capital policies and procedures.
- Develop a standardized Capex model for assessing Capex requests.
- Manage the Capex database and prepare Capex Commitment reports.
- Account Closure
- Fixed Assets Accounting
- Internal Audit
Education & Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Relevant professional part qualification – ICAN, ACCA, or CIMA will be an added advantage
- Between three (1) and five (3) years directly relevant post-NYSC work experience with at least 2 years in fixed assets accounting
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject bar the name of the role. Advert closes October 11 , 2018