GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title:
Finance Early Career Development Program- (ECDP)
Early Career Development Program -SSA is a 12- month program designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa. The program purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online trainings. Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
Understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis
Understanding the complexity of CSA accounting.
Understanding the setup of the Joint Venture by accurately reporting ASA and MI computations.
Accurate allocation and base cost splitting between MEs.”
Efficiently aligning CPMs and GOF accountants to ensure accurate reporting of margins.
Accurate revenue recognition based on appropriate General Acceptable Accounting Principle rev rec policy.
Accurate allocation of direct costs and base cost splitting between MEs.
Accurately tying out of DI Template, DR4, and cost tracker at all times.
Efficient closure of financial books at the end of each period.”
Support Account reconciliation process for Oil and Gas business across the Sub Saharan Africa region by reconciling accounts and driving closure of open items at the end of each period.
Learn the Standard Operating Procedures for EGJV and identify process improvement and simplification opportunities
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting sciences or related field ; GPA greater than or equal
4.0 overall; Authorized to work in one’s country full time without restrictions; must have advanced to fluent level of English; ability to work in fast paced changing environment, Demonstrated team player; Confident self starter who has demonstrated drive; ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to meet deadlines
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
– Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
– Clear, concise and articulate communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
– Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
– Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
– Good organizational and efficiency skills;
– Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met.
– Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
– Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
– Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
How to Apply
Click link above to apply