The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a leadership partner who develops and executes organizational strategies that align structure, culture and talent with business goals, while providing individual support and coaching to the leadership team. In this role, HR Business Partner will support the regional General Managers of Power Services and Gas Power Systems businesses in SSA with responsibility for fast growing 300 plus employee client group spread across the region.
In addition, the HRBP will provide indirect leadership to various Employee Resource Managers (ERMs) who provide individual employee support to managers and employees in the client group.
- The HR Business Partner is responsible for providing expertise and guidance in all areas of organization support, including: HR & business strategy alignment, organization design, workforce planning, culture and change management, leadership development and coaching, pipeline development, and succession planning. Focus on localization strategies & action plans.
- Partner with the business leader to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and embed a contemporary organizational culture and leverage change acceleration techniques to assist in driving broad change.
- Act as an organizational & simplification champion who builds organizational capabilities, reduces complexity and partners with clients to maximize team performance.
- Strategically partner with business leaders to design and implement the most effective global organizational structures and manage transitions.
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching and employee support to business leaders, assisting in the development of strong, contemporary leadership skills.
- Provide strategic coaching to key talent in extended client group as it pertains to succession planning, career path development, and performance management.
- Lead leadership assessment in the organization, identifying key employee strengths and development needs in order to recognize, select, retain and develop key talent.
- Lead succession planning and talent development strategies for the organization, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines mentoring, training, etc.
- Lead the business and HR team through critical HR operating rhythms such as People Review, training nominations, salary planning and performance management.
- With the support of the Employee Human Resource Manager (EHRM) team, develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent.
- Collaborate with EHRMs to infuse employee insights into organizational strategies.
- Provide overall leadership to the HR team, delivering appropriate coaching, mentoring and development opportunities, communicating proactively, and ensuring HR team engagement & retention.
- Engage as an active member of both the SSA regional HR team as well as the Power & Water HR community, participating in HRBP community events, partnering with ERM managers to coach and develop ERMs, and provide ERMs with developmental opportunities and exposure to HRBP work.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 5 years HR business partnership experience, or equivalent experience interacting with and supporting a senior business management client group
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- GE HRLP graduate or graduate of a similar program
- In-depth understanding of HR concepts and principles gained through formal education and substantial work experience
- Ability to make strategic HR decisions, assess leadership talent and effectively interface with high-level business and operations leaders
- Coaching and leadership assessment experience with confidence and care to provide tough coaching in a way that inspires development
- Developed (oral and written) communication and diplomacy skill set with the ability to influence others by presenting sound and logical arguments tailored to the audience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, high performance work environment and team- oriented culture
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, project management, organizational and change agent skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to assess situations make judgments based on practice or previous experience
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Strong internal and external customer service focus, with a genuine desire to assist others
- Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce
- Capable of handling multiple issues and/or projects simultaneously and executing to completion
- Proven ability to navigate through complex, matrix, goal-driven organizations
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- PHR/SPHR certification