Commercial Contract Manager is responsible for project execution in line with contractual requirements
The Commercial Contract Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
• Represent business interests in customer and internal meetings for project close outs as well as active projects and future contracts.
• Report commercial risks, mitigation, and resolution to management via business segment risk reviews, and assume a role in developing world-class risk mitigation strategies.
• Drive Contract Management Margin Enhancement program in the renewable segments with focus on change order management, negotiation of settlement agreements within established financial reserves etc.
• Provide commercial/ contractual support in the development and implementation of negotiation strategies to mitigate contractual risks on assigned projects.
• Assist in the preparation of presentations, negotiation of claims, and the writing and execution of settlement agreements to resolve issues.
• Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of contract management databases and tools.
• Support efforts to pursue Insurance / Supplier Recovery as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university or college
• At least 5 additional years of experience in project management, financial or commercial contract management.
• At least 1 year of negotiation and customer facing experience. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Willingness and ability to travel globally
• Master’s degree in Business or Finance
• GE Leadership Development program (PMDP, PMLP, OMLP, JOLP, RELP or equivalent)
• Demonstrated Leadership in a matrix environment
• Proven ability to comprehend contract terms and conditions, analytic skills including the ability to recognize and assess impacts on project execution.
• Strategic thinker with a track record for developing innovative solutions to difficult Business problems.
• Diligent, dedicated and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver while handling large numbers of diverse tasks.
• Construction management experience.
• Field engineering experience.
• Contract management or negotiation experience.
• High energy level
• Technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems.
• Microsoft suite proficiency.
• Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills