The project director – In country is responsible for Project execution in Nigeria.
The Project Director
– In country leads projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business or is a recognized expert in a specialized field. In this role you will be responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications, manage complex issues within area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
• Primary customer contact in the country. Resolve specification and commercial issues, manage correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate
• Responsible for the financial performance of the project in Nigeria
• Responsible for on-time delivery in accordance with contract
• Responsible for project risk issues including receivables, claims, contract changes, margin enhancement, and effective project closeout.
• Lead project team, including partners, through contract reviews to identify & manage risks, monitor financial and operational performance against the agreed timescales, and initiates corrective action where appropriate.
• Overall project ownership and responsibility for 20-30 person OTR matrix teams including Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, Finance and Services.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
• At least 5 additional years of experience in project management. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Willingness and ability to travel xx% of the time
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
• Significant Project, Construction, Field Engineering and/or Contract Management experience in power industry.
• High energy level
• Technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems.
• Microsoft suite proficiency.
• Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
• Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks.
• Proven leadership skills and ability to effectively manage a matrix team / organization.
• Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies.
• Strong skills in customer relationship building, facilitation, and matrix management
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• GE Leadership Development program (PMDP, PMLP, OMLP, JOLP, RELP or equivalent)
• Strong team leadership and team building skills
• Ability to drive and manage change in a dynamic environment.