Senior Finance Manager – Cost Control is responsible for ensuring for the control of the project related costs.
The Senior Finance Manager – Cost Control demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
• Participate in the development and implement cost control process and tolls for tracking costs for multiple types of Energy projects globally.
• Oversee the cost control process implementation on projects and work with planners/project teams to develop cost control skills.
• Lead work plans with planners to align budgets, schedules and scope.
• Evaluate changes and ensure appropriate cost and schedule controls are included in schedules to minimize risk.
• Evaluate subcontractor and PO cost and status.
• Incorporate actual and committed costs and determine forecasted costs, develop reports, and participate in presentation to the project team.
• Participate in cost reviews and support development of estimated at completion costs.
• Work closely with other projects functions
• Manage development of solutions to mitigate cost overruns
• Proactively manage the potential claim mitigation through the lifecycle of a project
• Drive organizational and functional improvement in order to achieve business goals and develop employees.
• Leads Cost Control activities for assigned area/group/region/customer(s)
• Provides full scope of leadership for a team, including performance evaluation, annual assessment, salary planning, and employee development.
• Creates an environment which enables the attraction of new, qualified talent to the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or a technical field from an accredited university or college
• At least 5 additional years of related experience.
• At least 2 years leading in a matrix environment ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Willingness and ability to travel globally
• Master’s degree in Finance, Business, or other advanced degree
• PMP certification
• Cost control experience
• Project planning experience
• Familiarity with methodologies for planning and moving dimensional cargo by land, air and sea
• GE Leadership Development program (PMDP, PMLP, OMLP, JOLP, RELP or equivalent)
• Demonstrated Leadership in a matrix environment
• Energy markets experience
• Diligent, dedicated and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver while handling large numbers of diverse tasks.
• Experience in planning and using scheduling systems, ie: P6
• Experience with Energy industry
• Project Management Experience
• Experience working in or with a multi-functional organization
• Technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems.
• Microsoft suite proficiency.
• Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
• Strong people management, team building, performance management, strategic and operations planning, process management, negotiation, and relationship management skills