Provide the financial analysis for GO SSA team with the goal of driving base cost planning, analysis & system/process implementation as well as support the regional FP&A Manager. Develop and implement key metrics to drive focus on cost control, simplification, expand the operating structure and rigor around key processes (BP, SII, OP) and analytics. Build and continually enhance regional reporting capability within the region and in partnership with peers.
Monthly/Quarterly closing … lead monthly & quarterly closing process with centers and coordinate HQ reporting
– Base cost analysis … coordinate base cost analysis, prepare risks & opportunities summaries for review with the regional GO ROL & FP&A Manager & report out actual performance vs. plan
– Management pack … analyze and organize financial data appropriately and lead quarterly P&L review with GO ROL & function leaders
– Cost center creation including CCL cost center, ME-LE-CC hierarchy, project dimension, ref ID … act as pivot point between centers and HQ in creating CCL/Project dimension and ref ID’s; maintain and update cost center consolidated list
– Ownership of pacing closing items … work closely with Ops & Controllership to regularly pace the P&L for the quarter to plan & on a daily basis during closing. Provide analysis of Variable OM to GO FP&A manager, drive corrections with centers to ensure all costs are billed to business and report out on status to HQ
– Base cost planning … own planning sessions including OP, SII, BP’s & support short/long range financial and business plans. Ensure planning cycle and reporting requirement deadlines are met.
– Provide pre-quarter estimate for HQ … prepare pre-quarter estimates that are grounded on actuals and up-to-date business decisions.
– Ad-hoc report for HQ, ROL & GO pillar leaders … provide variance analysis and ad-hoc reports as required by HQ, function leaders, etc.
– Post mortem … drive post mortem after closings to drive improvements at the local/global level.
– Perform monthly headcount reconciliation
– Ensure complete and accurate accrual booking and regular review of aging.
– Managing all aspects relating to the implementation of reporting tools; automating and simplifying processes to increase productivity and interest of the role
– Bachelor in Accounting/ Finance / Economics or equivalent studies (Finance related Master’s Degree preferred)
– Minimum 8 years’ hands on experience relevant to the tasks listed in the essential responsibilities.
– English language skills essential
– Strong analytic mindset
– Strong Excel proficiency
– Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations
– A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required, please indicate completion dates clearly on your resume (FOR NIGERIANS ONLY)
– Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any legal restriction in country where the role is based.
– Must be self-motivated & goal driven
– Must work independently towards meeting strategic objectives set by the regional FP&A manager
– Good ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
– Strong analytical ability and eye for detail
– Ability to manage multiple / conflicting priorities
– Ability to present data in a simple and clear format, and adapt style to the audience
– Solid Understanding of accounting principles