MTN Nigeria is offering qualified individuals opportunity to work as General Manager Corporate Affairs with its Corporate Services Management in Lagos. See details of this offer below.
- Extract Value From What We Already Have Through Cross-Functional/And Or Regionally Focused Activities Such As: Multi-Functional Business Optimisation, Contracts Review And Negotiation, Cross-Functional Capital/Budget Efficiency Projects Etc.
- Innovation – Identifying And Taking Advantage Of New Cross-Functional Business Opportunities, E.G., Through Nurturing New Business Opportunities, Products Launched, Product/Process Innovation, Structural Changes, Etc.
- Maintain Leadership In The ICT/Digital Industry By Influencing State Legislations & Policies, Participating In State Level Industry Think-Tanks, Building & Extending National B-2-B And Similar Relationships, Etc.
- Enhance/Expand MTN’s Role In The Larger National And Ecosystem Through Participation As Thought Leader, Executing Regional/Local CSR Projects, Involvement In (Inter)Industry Non-ICT Policy & Think-Tank Activities, Data Analysis, Reviews, Etc.
- Cross-Functional People Leadership Activities: Coaching, Staff Development And Motivation, Employee Networks Mentorship/Support, Cross-Division Employee Engagement Projects, Faculty Roles, Talent Mentorship, Etc.
- Generic Activities Necessary For Positive Business Outcomes Such As: Supporting Recruitment, Thought Leadership/Execution As Internal (Interview/Disciplinary) Panel Member, Influencing Next Level Leaders (E.G., At ExCom) Etc.
- Develop Enterprise Wide Corporate Communications Structures And Systems That Enable The Effective Dissemination And Collation Of Information From Stakeholders (Including Electronic Medium –Websites, Periodic Newsletter, Newspaper, Etc).
- Oversee All Aspects Of Planning And Execution Of Major Corporate Events And Manage Relations With A Multitude Of Internal And External Stakeholders In Achieving Related Objectives.
- Develop High Level Media Briefing Documents For Senior Management, Including Pre-Briefing Meetings And Supporting Management, When Required, On External Speaking Platforms With Focus On Media Opportunities, Managing And Producing High Level Presentations/Speeches For CEO/Executives.
- Initiate And Manage Fresh Communications Platforms Including Interactive Web-Based Communication And Sustainability Report, Developing Systems And Policies For Capturing And Sharing Information About MTNN Successes And Activities.
- Provide Technical Leadership/Advice In The Formulation And Development Of Corporate Communications Framework, Policies And Guidelines And Ensure Compliance Of Operations With MTNN Policies And Procedures.
- Provide Thought Leadership And Advice On The Creation/Adoption Of A Framework To Integrate Business Analysis And Planning Into MTNN’s Engagements And Identify /Create Distinct Competitive Advantages For The Organization Through Strategic Use Of Information.
- Develop Platforms For Critical Stakeholder Engagement /Corporate Communication & Information Dissemination
- Custodian Of The MTN Point Of View And MTN’s Chief Chronicler Of Events & Activities Past And Present.
- Worked Across Diverse Cultures And Geographies
- Normal MTN Working Conditions.
- Local/International Travel As Required
Experience & Training
- First Degree In Social Science/Humanities Or Any Relevant Discipline / Masters Advantageous
- Outstanding Verbal And Written Communication Skills
- Outstanding Personal Carriage , Influence & Authority
- Track Record/Evidence Of Significant Business & Social Network
- Fluent In English And Language Of Country Preferable
- Possession Of An MBA Or Masters Will Be Advantageous
- 12 Years’ Relevant Or Related Experience Which Includes:
- Senior Management Track Record Of 3 Years Or More; With At Least 3 Years In Relevant Sector/ Industry As Per Relevant Role
- Experience Working In A Global/Multinational Enterprise (Understanding Emerging Markets Advantageous)
Minimum Qualification: BA, BSC, BTECH, LLB Or HND