Opportunity to join a successful Oil & Gas company as General Manager – Facilities & Maintenance on a permanent basis in Nigeria. The successful candidate will be managing maintenance activities, integrity of assets and discipline engineering and in order to deliver asset integrity, unit availability and reliability, required product quality, and all within agreed budgets.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for all facets of Facilities Maintenance, Power Supply and Transmission, Utilities, Plant Maintenance, Plant Certification, and Electrical Works.
* Manage the planning, implementing and co-ordinating Asset Integrity Management Systems, Corrosion Management & annual inspection programme of assets liaising with Projects, Asset Management, and QHSE.
* Develop application and fully implement risk and reliability management techniques, like Risk Based Inspection (RBI), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), and Instrument Protective Function (IPF).
* Responsible for the creation and update of the yearly and 5-year Integrity Plan. Implement and monitor the Asset Integrity Management System (AIMS).
* Provide support for discipline engineering, relevant maintenance disciplines and projects, and manage change control. Maintain healthy and competent capability of maintenance and facilities support.
* Develop where needed and implement risk based inspection programs to improve asset integrity with a strong focus on safety, cost containment and integrity.
* Develop asset integrity conditioning monitoring strategies and programs for loss containment purposes including corrosion monitoring and all issues, which have potential to impact asset integrity, including equipment/hardware, process/procedures, operational business systems, verification/ assurance and personnel competencies.
* Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track program performance and KPMI (Key Parameters for Mechanical Integrity) Program where applicable for all of the equipment and facilities.
* Maximize fixed equipment uptime to optimize shutdowns and extend turnaround intervals in compliance to regulatory and manufacturers’ requirements and identify resources to support troubleshooting of fixed equipment recurrent problems and apply root cause analysis (RCA) practices to equipment failure investigations.
* Support the implementation of production uptime programs including Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM).
* Lead the creation of Degradation/Maintenance Manuals Programme.
* Recruit, mentor, and develop national staff with a view to progressively advance the nationalisation of the company’s staff in country.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Corrosion or Metallurgy.
* At least 12 years’ experience required in the oil & gas services industry both offshore and onshore, and at least 5 years in a facilities and maintenance senior management role.
* Previous experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programmes, from conceptualisation to implementation to continuous improvement of the programme.
* Previous experience with Risk Based Inspection (RBI), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), and Instrument Protective Function (IPF).
* Previous experience in drafting Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Asset Degradation Manuals.
* Experience in West Africa or similar environment.
* Familiarity with and understanding of maintenance and asset integrity management at a senior management level.
* Strong knowledge of relevant global standards, regulations, codes, and maintenance planning.
* Strong Managerial, communication and organisational skills are essential.
* Previous experience with design and implementation of staff development programmes.
* LEAN qualifications and experience as a LEAN practitioner.
* Experience with and understanding of TPM (total productive maintenance) and OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
Ref. No: HQ00026852