What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As Generator Operator, you will Monitor, maintain, repair and carry out the preventive maintenance program on the hotel’s UPS generators and public utility supply.. Specifically, a Generator Op will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responds to customer calls and complaints to correct temperature conditions in a positive, polite and timely manner. Monitors public space temperatures, making appropriate adjustments when necessary.
- Performs scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on all UPS generators and related equipment, including making repairs such as replacing mechanical seals, re-packing pumps and valves, replacing bearings and belts, checking for proper alignment, repairing fan coil units, brazing and soldering, calibrating controls, working on pressure vessels, replacing piping and fittings.
- Maintains appropriate record of preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Visually inspect gauges, dials and mechanical equipment, make basic mathematical calculations, and move and climb on all types of uneven surfaces
- Interact with the Operating Engineer and assist in start-up, shut down and operation of all UPS generator equipment
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in proper condition
- Follow all Health & Safety rules within the Department and the hotel
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Chief Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel
Generator Operators serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Considerable knowledge of UPS generator including repair and maintenance, basic electric and mechanical skills.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools
- Basic Mathematical skill in the use of calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment
- A Technical or Trade Test certificate in Engineering, OND preferred
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinction:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for managing a variety of projects and tasks throughout the day
- Previous experience in a similar role