The Group VPHR has overall responsibility for delivery of HR strategies to the business. In conjunction with the SAVPHR exchanges ideas and solutions and the delivery methods of the Team.
Drives the mission statement and values of the business and acts as a team mentor.
Provides effective and strategic guidance to the Senior Management and the Executive Board. Represents the HR team both internally & externally.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and sustain an effective recruitment program – coordinating the recruitment efforts with Department Managers.
- Prepare, recommend and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting on personnel data.
- Conduct salary surveys and salary reviews.
- Administer classification programs, which include analyzing positions i.e. writing job descriptions and evaluations for classification purposes.
- Implement procedures for integrating new employees into the system and the administration of personal data changes.
- Recommend and maintain personnel records, both manually and electronically, for the purposes of controlling procedures, personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
- Design personnel forms and direct the maintenance of personnel records by all departments.
- Lead the introduction of HR Software system into the organization; liaising with Consultants to ensure the HR requirements of the Airline are met.
- Devise and implement Induction programs.
- Coordinate the various hearing panels and activities e.g. disciplinary.
- Devise, coordinate and direct benefit programs.
- Be responsible for employee relations, providing advice and counsel on personnel issues.
- Prepare performance review forms and direct the distribution and retrieval of forms to Managers.
- Monitor performance appraisals and probation hearings.
- Annually review and make recommendations to the Executive Board and Executive Vice President for improvement on company policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete attendance and labour turnover records; present periodic reports to the Senior Vice President Finance, Executive Board and Executive Vice President.
- Coordinate and/or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Consult with the legal counsel as appropriate and/or as directed by the Executive Board and Executive Vice President.