Guinness Nigeria currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a portfolio of products including Stout, Malta, Lager and Ready to drink products and is the 2nd largest Guinness market globally producing and selling approximately 4.5ml hl per annum.
We are hiring for the role of Procurement Director. The role is responsible for all procurement spend within Guinness Nigeria. The post holder is expected to deliver significant profit growth and added value to the business through professional procurement practices, strategic sourcing and development of the current supply base whilst maintaining existing services and quality parameters. This will require firsthand knowledge and experience in comprehensive category management and implementation of supplier performance management systems.
In addition to owning and managing the procurement strategy within Guinness Nigeria, post holder will also be expected to significantly input and contribute to the overall Africa procurement agenda.
Role and Accountabilities
- To develop and deliver the ongoing procurement strategy for the group .
- Partner effectively with leadership teams to meet the requirements of the business and creating financial benefits (deliver ongoing savings on total spend net of inflation).
- To maintain and improve current quality and service levels to all stakeholders within the group and providing expert knowledge on any procurement issues that may arise.
- Manage, develop and coach all reports to build a high performing team in service of driving continuous improvement, optimizing profit margins and supplier engagement.
- Management and leadership of procurement teams responsible for three (3) production sites and all areas of spend.
- Embedding world class procurement best practice and processes
- Influencing stakeholders, the Leadership Teams and Suppliers to enable implementation of new processes and practice.
- High performance coaching, building the local team and development of the procurement function.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in marketing / business or other related discipline.
- Should have a recognized professional procurement accreditation
- Minimum 10 years procurement experience in a blue chip FMCG environment.
- Excellent knowledge of world class procurement systems, processes and practices
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with significant evidence of savings and value delivery.
- Sound commercial awareness and the ability to contribute to the wider business process outside immediate functional responsibilities
- Exceptional leadership skills to build and maintain a high performing team in a culturally sensitive environment and across multiple sites
- Proven track record of delivery in challenging business environments
- Ability to engage and influence a wide range of senior stakeholders
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders and build excellent relationships.
- Lack of general commercial awareness
- Inability to coach and develop effective teams across multiple sites