Head, Corporate Commercial
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
The Head, Corporate Commercial will build and maintain strong communication channels with IHS current and potential customers, both externally and internally and also represent and promote IHS by maintaining a presence at professional events and networks.
The Individual must be committed to understanding and exceeding our customers’ needs and developing trusted, reliable and collaborative relationships; consistently operating at the highest standards of good ethics.
- Identify and advise on appropriate contracts and transactions in alignment with the Company’s business and growth plans;
- Ensure that all contractual documents of the Company are in compliance with applicable laws, guideline, regulations and best practice;
- Provide and interpret legal document/opinions/information;
- Lead, deal with, and handle complex and significant legal matters that cut across the business segments of the Company;
- Instruct, manage and support external counsel on legal matters that require external legal services (e.g. high value or complex deals and acquisitions);
- Provide general legal support to other business segments of the Company;
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide contract management system, framework contract templates, structures, policies, processes and templates;
- Build effective working relationships with the various business functions within the Company, and with customers to support business decision-making and foster long term customer relationship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the telecommunication sector preferred;
- Research skills required;
- Business-oriented and computer literate;
- Experienced in negotiating commercial contracts and demonstrate ability to handle and close commercial and legal negotiations with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and high-performing, business results-driven corporate environment;
- Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- LLM in Commercial Law/ MBA;
- 10+ years of corporate commercial law experience in leading law firms in the country and/or corporate legal department.