Head, Listing Regulation Job Vacancy at NSE
Job Title: Head, Listing Regulation
Division: Legal and Regulation Division
Department: Listing Regulation Department
Report to: Head, Listing Regulation Department
Grade: Principal Manager – Assistant General Manager
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Tuesday, January 3, 2017
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange (“The Exchange”) services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- The Exchange continues to evolve to meet the needs of its valued customers, and to achieve the highest level of competitiveness. It is an open, professional and vibrant Exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Exchange needs an industry professional with a strong personality, good people management skills and the ability to work as a team player to support the Department and Division.
- The individual will be required to have a thorough understanding of The Exchange’s policies, overall mission and strategy, as well as a strong finance/legal background experience preferably with experience from a listed company.
- The Head of Department will have the overall responsibility for the administration and execution of the activities of the Listings Regulation Department by ensuring that listing applications meet The Exchange’s listing requirements, ensuring compliance of listed companies with The Exchange’s listing regulations and enforcing the listings rules in a manner that is fair efficient and transparent.
- The role will work in close partnership with, and report to the Head of Legal and Regulation Division at the Corporate Headquarters.
- Understand the departmental processes and risks associated with them and drive improvements; Provide strategic guidance and supervise all aspects of the work of the Department;
- Develop key performance indicators and drive the implementation of the plans and strategies for the Department;
- Provide assurance on the integrity of the end-to-end appraisal process for applications for listings of securities and other applications such as block divestments and placements on The Exchange; Understand and keep abreast of every aspect of the securities issuance process for the primary and secondary markets;
- Supervise the review and analysis of applications and ensure that there is full compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, during the process; Make reasoned recommendations on applications reviewed and analyzed, to Management, the National Council and Committee(s) of the National Council as appropriate;
- Support Management and Council’s decision making in connection with all applications that come before The Exchange; Collaborate with other regulatory agencies to ensure strong regulatory environment; Understand and interpret Capital Market Rules, Codes and Regulations
- Track applicable new laws and policies and advise applicants and The Exchange’s Management appropriately; Understand and continue to improve the listing rules of The Exchange; Propose and formulate rules and regulations and propose regulatory programs; Update and review rules periodically to ensure they align with IOSCO principles and objectives of securities regulation;
- Update and review rules periodically to ensure they align with Corporate Governance best practices; Monitor and supervise the compliance performance of Issuers to ensure adherence with The Listing Requirements of The Exchange and provide Quarterly Performance Reports;
- Ensure that sanctions are applied in an impartial, consistent and transparent manner; Collaborate with CBi and other stakeholders to conduct and administer the Corporate Governance Rating System for companies listed on The Exchange;
- Organize periodic training programs for Issuers; and Manage relationships within The Exchange
- Capital Mkt Knowledge
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Numeric Skills
- Research and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Emotional Intelligence
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Law or related fields
- MBA or Professional qualifications in Finance, i.e., ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFA etc.
- Minimum of 10 to 13 years work experience in the financial services sector
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2016.