IHS, the largest independent tower company in the EMEA Region, are currently recruiting for a Regional Head of Operations. In this role, you will be based in Enugu and responsible for leading a team of Regional Technical Officers (RTOs), State Field Operations Managers (SFOMs), Operations & Maintenance Support Managers, and Field Support Engineers (FSEs).
Vision & Strategy
- Translate the company’s strategic objectives into actionable operational plans detailing clear implementation roadmaps and milestones within assigned region.
- Develop and implement comprehensive goals for performance and growth strategies.
Team Development & Leadership
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Collaborate effectively across functions to build joint objectives to reach regional goals.
- Mentor and develop teams applying a supportive and collaborative approach: assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities, and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Ensure FSEs execute their responsibilities on an ongoing basis to ensure smooth running of operations.
- Coach and train Network Operations & Maintenance team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, create awareness of set targets/ requirements, and regularly review training needs.
- Validate and approve diesel allocation reports, identifying and escalating any changes in the allocation plan.
- Validate all requests for emergency diesel delivery within the region.
- Intervene and interface with vendors on all issues arising from deviations in the maintenance plan and trigger maintenance interventions or non-routine maintenance process.
- Interface with vendors on any deviation to the diesel loading plan so as to maintain schedule adherence. Request HQ support if required.
- Receive and review reports from RTOs on diesel delivery.
- Review business case for non-routine maintenance and grant or deny approval.
- Approve Material Requisition Form for request of materials for in-house maintenance.
- Stay informed of issues related to remote monitoring systems (RMS) and solar solutions on sites within the region and monitor resolution of such issues.
- Review infrastructure requests and seek final approval.
- Keep abreast of all integration issues and seek to resolve them.
- Manage day-to-day organizational and business relationships with key regional stakeholders.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop metrics required to measure business processes and performance; build tools and job aids for monitoring performance; and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention in critical areas for constant improvement.
- Provide inputs to annual budgetary plans for the region and monitor and track Capex and Opex trends in the region.
- Provide inputs to continuous development of site maintenance processes.
- Continually assess operational and business continuity risks and provide timely awareness as well as deploying mitigating initiatives.
- Achieve productivity gains and manage budget to ensure operational and financial goals are met.
- Promote customer satisfaction, high levels of service, and continuous improvement efforts in order to drive repeated business and customer loyalty.
- Stay informed of market and customer trends in order to anticipate developments and plan accordingly.
- Identify and develop possibilities for future business growth, including possible acquisitions, bringing them to the attention of relevant internal teams for further investigation and possible next steps.
- Customer Focus
- Be Bold
- Engineering Management
- Logistics Management
- Contracts Management
- Project Management
- Network Audits
- Business Planning
- Financial Acumen
- Organizational Savvy
- Drives Results
- Manages Ambiguity
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Difference
Education and Experience
- First degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Engineering and/ or an MBA will be advantageous.
- Professional certifications such as PMP or PRINCE2 will be advantageous.
- +14 years’ related experience in telecoms operations and maintenance.