ConSol Limited Seeking Head of Technology to enhance its workforce. See details below.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Responsible for the technology strategic planning process that will regularly evaluate emerging, new and existing technologies, information systems, and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes covering but not limited to the following area:
- Management Information systems, system and network architecture, Network communication, strategic system conversions and integrations in support of business goals.
- Develop and enforce operating policies and procedures to ensure the protection of the company’s IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained by the company and all its business units.
- Oversee the linkage between external technology systems (e.g. OEMs, 3rd parties and other organizations) and the company’s IT resources; including systems for electronic data exchange.
- Recommend changes to software applications based on analysis of their impact to all users requirement.
- Gather and analyze the changing requirements of users and develop effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements.
- Co-ordinate and manage reporting needs and data analysis for the company and its business units and ensure the gathering, processing, distribution and use of pertinent information required by management to make decisions occur in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
- Oversee the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Approve, coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems for the company.
- Review all hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
- Develop, when possible, master purchase or lease agreements for hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services.
- Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
- Maintain and manage relationship with OEMs and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreement to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels.
- Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost-benefit analysis and recommend solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- Maintain problem logs, documenting system errors or defects.
- Be responsible for training (as Trainer), coaching mentoring and human capacity development of staff and external training delegates.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree
- Membership of recognized Information Technology professional Associations; E.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, ITIL, Microsoft Certifications.
- Previous Information Technology experience in a multi-site Client-Server environment.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience