Hospitality Manager – Our client, a restaurant based in Abuja Nigeria, requires a hospitality manager
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analysing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organising marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
- Planning and coordinating menus.
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organising and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
Qualifications and training required
Candidates must have a relevant degree/HND in business studies, management, hospitality management or hotel and catering. Appropriate personal qualities, practical experience and business acumen are just as important as academic qualifications. Practical hotel, catering, restaurant, waitressing or customer service work experience is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Teamwork skills