Petroplan is currently recruiting a HSE Advisor for a Drilling Company in Nigeria. This position would be on a local status, thus not available for expatriates.
- Reasonable understanding of Nigerian regulations in relation to the oil industry
- Reasonable knowledge of all offshore license requirements
- Fundamental knowledge of offshore drilling equipment and processes
- Very Knowledgeable of risk assessment and management of change.
- Fundamental knowledge of rig emergency / rescue equipment and processes
- Reasonable knowledge of crisis management
- Fundamental knowledge of environmental management
- Fundamental knowledge of a general safety management system / Safety Case
- Knowledgeable of IADC reporting and classification of injury / illness
- Able to present and teach to a large audience
- Nigerian national
- Registered with Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria. ISPON
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Proficient in computer applications such as office and Adobe Acrobat
- Hands-on, driven and capable to handle large volume of work
- Display high work ethics and integrity at all times
- Able to manage conflict and escalate as required
- Nebosh International General Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or OSHA equivalent qualifications or combination thereof. (i.e. 9001, 14001. 18001)
- Nebosh certificate or Diploma in Environmental Management
- Nebosh International Technical certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- Nebosh Fire Safety and Risk Assessment Certificate
- Advanced Investigation Team Leader TapRoot® certification.
- ISM Code Lead Internal Auditor
- Emergency Medical Qualifications
- Five years or more previous experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry in a similar position or as a safety professional employed on an offshore drilling rig.