The Human Resources and Administration Manager (HRA) will lead a team of 2-3 people to design and deliver all of the administrative and HR functions of the organization. jobs in Nigeria. He will plan, coordinate and manage the overall implementation of human resources objectives and policies, implement recruitment and ongoing development of a superior, high performance and productive workforce. The HRA manager will organize and lead procurement, logistics management and office administration in collaboration with primary function officers in addition to other miscellaneous tasks.
- A. Human Resources:
- Guides management and employee actions by developing and updating policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate and enforce compliance with organization values and policies
- Contribute HR information, analysis and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction
- Lead problem solving with CEO and Principals on administrative and HR issues.
- Conduct employee needs assessment and establish and lead the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Plan and manage in-house employee training and development system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management, measurement of training impact and training transfer. Maintain employee training records.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and recommend changes.
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans and employee development programs.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Ensure compliance with employment regulatory legislation and concerns
- Develop and lead employee benefits management, safety, welfare, wellness and health policy and initiatives
- B. Office Administration:
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (administration, procurement, vendor management, inventory and stores management, travel, logistics, drivers and vehicle fleet management, coordination of road and air travel for staff) through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and project implementation functions.
- Perform office management functions including facilities management; meeting room scheduling; utilities management; emergency procedures management; management decision support; policies and procedures custodian
- Improve the operations systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better documentation, reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage all aspects of overall procurement management, systems, control, planning implementation including vendor management and contracting
- Manage periodic assessments and forecasts of organization’s support function performance
- Maintain all support function information and documentation archival and administrative files.
- Perform administrative liaison functions with vendors, business partners and entities
- Drive initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- C. Information and Communication Technology:
- Updating ICT usage policy and protocols; management of CUG and office internet usage; content upload to corporate website.
- D. Executive Assistance:
- Calendar and scheduling management for Managing Partner and others as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- First class or second class upper degree from a reputable University
- MBA or Masters in Human Resources and/or Administration, or similar graduate degree, required.
- Evidence of good analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Solid management or Human Resource Management consulting experience a plus
- Specific administrative function management experience a plus Knowledge of employment law, practices and specialized training in organization development, organizational planning, recruitment, employee engagement and employee development
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop human resources and office administration department staff members
- High level of competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR and administration department staff members.
- Commitment to excellence and quality improvement
- Able to work well under pressure and excels at operating in a fast paced work environment
- Persuasive with details and facts. Methodical and accurate, with an eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).