SENCE is looking to hire Human Resource Officer (Temporary position) for one of its client. Sence is a reputable agency managed by Mrs ibok who doubled as the founder and CEO of SENCE. A lawyer and HR specialist with a passion for innovation and SMEs.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our client, a player in the power generating sector is looking to engage the services of a temporary Human Resources Manager who has experience managing power Engineers and Technicians. This role is for a duration of 3 months and the job description includes but not limited to the following:
• Ensure accurate Job descriptions are in place
• Develop and implement HR policies, and procedures.
• Develop and manager compensation and reward system
• Promote workplace safety.
• Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems.
• Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
• Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
• Identify training and development opportunities.
• Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
• Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures.
• Provide basic counseling to staff
• Provide staff orientations.
• Monitor daily attendance.
• Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
• Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
• Perform other related duties as required
• Supervisory skills.
• Team building skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Basic counseling skills.
• Effective verbal, listening and communication skills.
• Stress management skills.
• Interviewing skills.
• Time management skills.
Work experience 5 – 7 years including supervisory and management experiences of about 2 years.
Upper salary range Attractive