Do you see yourself as an Income Auditor?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into sports, gardening, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This challenging position has overall responsibility for daily audit control over the revenue, accounts receivable, food and beverage accounting and general accounting functions of the hotel to ensure accuracy and adherence to all policies and regulations.
At the moment we’re looking for an Income Auditor to join our energetic and enthusiastic finance team at InterContinental Lagos.
- Ensures final readings of F&B outlets are taken and balances those reading
with the hotel’s property management system (Micros revenue and settlement
report VS PMS)
- Ensures all receipts for the shift are properly recorded, balanced and
deposited in the hotel’s drop-safe (daily cash drop sheet is duly completed)
- Investigate and reconcile cashiers’ overages and shortages as required and
communicate any unexplained discrepancies to the Manager
- Prepares and ensure accuracy in the morning (early bird) revenue report
- Revenue journal and revenue report must be balanced with rooms, F&B and
other revenue and room occupancy as stated in the PMS trial balance and
- Prepares revenue and statistics journal and input to General ledger
- Reconcile the revenue, statistics and guest and city ledger figures in General
ledger VS PMS and revenue report
- Settles and balances all credit cards, cash and room charge
- Summarizes all officers’, A&G and A&P checks and to be submitted to Cost
Controller to generate report
- Summarizes all adjustments or rebates to be signed by the Director/Manager
of Finance and Business Support, and/or General Manager
- Reconciles monthly GST, Digital Video On Demand and internet services
- Prepares a listing of complimentary rooms with all vouchers/documentation
- Ensures that programs involving coupons, certificates, and vouchers are
controlled and safeguards are in place
- Finalizes food cover report and photocopies various documentation for food
beverage control and the Finance Department
- Controls dockets used in all outlets, maintaining correct sequence used at all
accounting for dockets and making sure cancelled dockets are recorded
- Controls all food and beverage sales by:
o Correct recording of guest checks on a timely basis
o Performs spot checks on outlet checks used
o Having all voided checks, corrections and unsettled checks approved by the Restaurant Supervisor or Manager
o Monitors the buffet controls, especially over cash settled checks to prevent reuse ensuring all revenue is recorded
o Ensure banquet controls are being adhered to
o Reconciles total outlet sales to total charges
* Ensures all rebates and miscellaneous charges are supported by
documentation detailing the charges.
* All rebate credits must be in accordance with Finance Policy.
* The rebate credits, miscellaneous charges and paid outs must be
summarized and sent to the Director/Manager of Finance and General
Manager for daily review
* Ensures that programs involving coupons, certificates, and vouchers are
adequately controlled and safeguards are in place
* Audits daily collection of the General Cashiers Summary against the bank in
* Audits and reconciles advance payments and ensures payments have been
* Works with General Cashier to check all float totals regularly and keeps
control on registers in outlets
* Conduct various surprise checks on Front Office and F&B operations
* Performs various special projects as requested and assigned by management.
* Ensure all controls are in compliance with internal/external audit requirements
* Performs other duties as required
* Works with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s
budget. Duties include:
o Assists in co-ordinating the preparation of the departmental annual budget
o Assists in monitoring and controlling departmental cost on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
o Assists in the preparation of the hotel strategic plan, goals program, and Housekeeping Departmental Budget
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
* Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all
procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure
your direct reports do the same
* Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety
legislation, policies and procedures
* Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures
and operate equipment safely and sensibly
* Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of
* Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
Required accounting qualification in related field or equivalent and 1 year experience in an accounting clerical, front office, or accounts receivable position or similar; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer.