Diageo is looking to hire qualified candidates as Innovation Finance Manager in Nigeria.
Purpose of Role
The Innovation Finance Manager is a business partner to the Innovation function. The role will work closely with the Innovation and Marketing Leadership Team on converting financial analysis into insights that would drive effective decision making.
Driving Business Performance
- Preparation of Robust Financials to Support Decision Making:
- Preparation of innovation financials to include the value chain, profit and loss account (profit & cash drivers) and make the right business decisions based on data and analysis, particularly:-
- Rigorously challenging the numbers and assumptions from finance and non-finance teams to ensuring completeness, speed and accuracy of data
- Application of logical, analytical techniques and methodologies to create maximum business value from the innovation financials to translate the innovation strategy into positive impact on profitability
- Business Performance Management:
- Tracking, analysing and presenting actual financial results (vs. forecast or Gate) to enable the right decisions and/or course corrections to be made, particularly:-
- Leading the innovation BPM process for the business area by identifying the right KPI’s to track, understanding whether or not key strategic initiatives are driving value
- Brand Value Enhancement/ Engineering (Re-innovation):
- Support the business agenda on continuous value improvement of products by using financial data to drive and highlight focal areas for enhancement and beneficial impact to the business if actualised.
- Export Management:
- Build and maintain a pricing master file to be used as the basis for Export pricing decisions.
- Consistently monitor, update and manage the pricing execution on all beer and spirit export products:-
- Ensuring 100% compliance on approvals and pricing sign off in all instances and promptly communicating updates to relevant stakeholder’s e.g. OTC, sales and marketing team etc.
- Business Partnering:
- Support partners (Local and Global) to ensure team success, build relationships to deliver business results by leveraging and respecting differences.
- Communicate with clarity and impact using multiple channels and to foster open communication throughout the organisation
- Effectively manage the expectations of key stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with Professional qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in an FMCG company
- Strong Commercial/Marketing Finance and Decision Support experience within an FMCG is required
- Experience with SAP and Magnitude is an added advantage
- Excellent project management skills working with cross-functional teams
- Credible and strong influencer at senior management levels
- Self-starter, highly committed and delivers against goals with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead others through personal impact across the organisation
- Highly numerate and precise with strong analytical and financial modelling track record