Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Products, the Innovation specialist will be required to work with a wide range of staff across the iConcepts business. He will also work with network operators and with technical service providers, open-source development communities and local developers to test new and innovative ideas aiming at addressing real life problems using mobile technology.
- Coordinate and provide support on overall innovation strategy and product roadmap, including formulation, design, planning and implementation in close collaboration with the Content Unit, IT and Business Development where applicable
- Proactively scout for new innovative ideas and opportunities in mobile technology
- Promote and incubate products contained in the roadmap to support the attainment of the business’ growth targets
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships and lead proposal development efforts with mobile network operators in collaboration with the Business Development Unit where applicable.
- Develop partnerships and network with local innovators, youth organizations, NGOs, cultural and religious organizations, the private sector, local media and academia to build and provide a space to nurture and test new and innovative ideas and build capacity.
- Coordinate and support development and testing of innovation products to strengthen and improve efficiency and effectiveness of iConcepts service delivery. More specifically, provide technical support for deployment of data-driven products and services –including negotiations with mobile network companies and other service providers.
- Train iConcepts staff and other end users, where applicable in the use of innovation products and processes.
- Document tested products and ensure effective sharing and generation of knowledge on mobile technology innovations in the entire business.
- Support iConcepts efforts to showcase successful product innovations at mobile technology forums
- Set up clear monitoring mechanisms for effectively launched products to ensure their continued performance throughout the product lifecycle.
- Advanced university degree in sciences, or other relevant disciplines, with training or requisite experience in Product Development in the Telecommunications industry
- At least 3 years of experience with demonstrated results in Project/Program Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent team player with experience in creating environments that are conducive to team participation and effective coordination
- Proven capacity to work with collaborative teams across different locations and with different technical skills
- Experience in budgeting and coordinating projects
- Clear upward communication and management skills. Results oriented individual.