RusselSmith Group Recruits IT Administrator in Nigeria to carry out the following responsibilities.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Administer workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more UNIX-based or non-UNIX based operating systems.
• Administer servers, storage systems and other similar equipment to ensure that they function properly
• Test and deploy software updates and patches to ensure that the versions on Company equipment are always up to date.
• Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software;
• Investigate user problems, identify their sources, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
• Install, configure and maintain personal computers, servers, computer workstations, file servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; add or upgrade and configure modems, disk drives, data acquisition systems, access control systems, printers and related equipment.
• Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, security applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
• Perform research and deploy new technologies
• Deploy and administer telecommunications equipment/networks, including VOIP.
• Manage CCTV, biometric security and any other security and access control systems used in the Company
• Enforce and manage compliance with the Password Policy and password recovery.
• Manage the Company’s software inventory, track license statuses and ensure licensing compliance
• Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
• Manage the RusselSmith email system. This includes setting up accounts and forwarders, deactivations, archiving and ensuring availability.
• Active Directory management and user provisioning
• Administer the Datacenter and all the equipment in it.
• Assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
• Track and manage the Business Solutions Asset Inventory
• Prepare and submit reports on System Administration, support and network security and other areas as required.
• Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
• Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
• Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
• Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
• Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• Develop and maintain documentation on the features and status of the network and enterprise applications
• Document IT problems and resolutions for future reference.
• Provide IT support to personnel in other departments.
• Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
• Provide IT training and orientation to new company staff
• Departmental Reports- Generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually reports and presentations.
• To provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to all departments.
• Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages to include UNIX or similar computer networks
• Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
• Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software.
• Knowledge of copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software
• Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.