At the moment we’re looking for a Italian Restaurant Manager to join our energetic and enthusiastic Food & Beverage team at InterContinental Lagos.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• To maintain all Restaurant standards as per current IHG standards.
• To initiate and maintain timely recording of and follow-up of all bookings
• To manage Yield of inventories in accordance with Budget guidelines
• Communicate and administer selling strategy for F&B Outlets business to all internal
• To consult and effectively and positively manage changes in operation, policy and
procedures with direct report.
• To provide regular feedback on progress/reports/magazines within the industry and
how new concepts may be applied to our product
• To generate new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and
leading edge over
• To be proactive in prospecting / creating new Restaurant business
• To understand and effectively manage cultural needs and expectations of different
groups utilizing Hotel
• Positively identify and acknowledge excellence in operations impacting Restaurant
• Distribute all Complimentary and Complaint letters to appropriate departments and
• Identify operational limitations and sell only what we advertise and can effectively
• Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients whilst on property for site
• Initiate Customer follow-up within 1-3 days following large events for future business
• Liaise with Events and Sales Account Managers on any Corporate or Group issues and
action accordingly following consultation
• Set yearly SMART objectives and goals for direct reports with approval from F&B
• Conduct quarterly appraisals with direct reports.
• Conduct performance or disciplinary related reviews with direct reports as necessary
on a timely basis.
• Understand and implement all IHG promotional programs as applicable to Restaurants.
• Must be Italian native speaker and fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
• Two to four years related experience, including at least two years of experience at the
position of Restaurant Manager.
• Complete understanding and technical skills and knowledge in all aspect of Food
handling and Beverage storage & making.
• Operational management experience of a team in a Food & Beverage Outlet
• Experience with Excel, Word, Micros
• Must demonstrate an ability to use interpersonal styles and methods to accomplish
goals through others. Requires skills to tell, sell or support staff and/or others as the