APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 1000 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization
- Act as the focal client contact, identify clients’ business strategies and objectives, logistics and transportation needs and buying criteria to develop and articulate value-based solutions to address their needs and wants.
- Develop deep and senior relationships with assigned clients and take every opportunity to probe for business opportunities. Utilise the senior-client contact relationship to open doors and support the account-development process.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide first-class service to further increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Track and analyse market development.
- Study and leverage internal and external financial data to build winning strategies.
- Communicate closely and proactively with management, provide strong support to all development initiatives, policies, processes and guidelines.
- Position APM Terminals as the preferred terminal with clients.
- Create and manage specific customer plans allowing APM Terminals to maximize its yield potential
- Negotiate commercial terms within delegated mandate
- Keep abreast of market developments and report relevant as necessary
- Proactively assist Finance and Customer Service in clearing outstanding invoices and longstanding containers respectively
- Use Market Mapping to identify total potential volume for the customer
- Qualify customer opportunities using:
Uncovering needs framework, understanding the buying phases
Using and understanding the Value Selling methodology
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking APM Terminals differentiators to customer’s pains/needs
- Actively use APM Terminals CRM tool
- Prepare for Sales meetings with clear agenda and desired outcomes in the CRM tool
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor/Master’s degree holder from a reputable organisation.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant sales experience with 3 years’ proven track record in major client management ( Business to Business)
- Relevant experience in Maritime/transportation/Logistics Industry
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Highly analytical with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Passionate, strong initiative, self-driven with commitment to succeed
How to Apply
click here to Apply online.