FHI 360 is are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Knowledge Services Specialist
The Knowledge Management Specialist will work to deliver a sustainable and progressive strategy to educate project team members, decision makers, inform donors, provide partners with relevant and up-to-date information and inform the global health community and general public about the project’s contribution to the Nigeria Malaria Elimination efforts. Specific objectives, which will meet USAID requirements and regulations, will:
- Develop and lead a strategy, collaboration with partners and malaria stake holders in Nigeria, to broaden and achieve a comprehensive knowledge base which will heighten the exposure of malaria elimination efforts;
- Establish website and review, develop and regularly update the data.
- Develop and intranet system for project partners , to encourage discussions, sharing of experiences and if possible social media platforms
- Develop a database of all stakeholders and partners working on malaria elimination in Nigeria ensuring quality, accuracy and its capability to inform and educate the project team, partners and NMEP/decision makers about gaps to achieving the malaria elimination targets;
- Develop a circulation database for the dissemination of all communication/documentation relating to the project and malaria elimination efforts internally and externally;
- Engage under the direction of the Chief of Party identified key partners and stakeholders to establish potential areas of collaboration;
- Ensure best practices are achieved in existing avenues of knowledge dissemination and the exploration of new and innovative avenues;
- Ensure periodic high quality success stories are shared with the donor, partners and the global malaria community;
- Develop an international Calendar of Events which will exploit opportunities for knowledge dissemination;
- Actively seek opportunities for media coverage and publication of project activities and finding ;
- Capture for dissemination project outcomes, methods, strategies, guidelines, progress, lessons learned and best practices via the most appropriate channel/s;
- Ongoing monitoring and revision of best practices in concurrence with changes as the project strategies evolve and move forward.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of knowledge management tools and systems experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
- Certification in knowledge management preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.