Ikeja Electric is looking to hire qualified candidates as Litigation and Investigations Supervisor in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Provide needed support in the effective management of all legal and regulatory matters across the Business Units and Undertaking offices.
- Interpret, explain, implement and enforce legal and regulatory policies, objectives, codes across the Business Units and Undertaking Offices.
- Provide first line of legal support in effectively managing cases of vandalism, assault and tampering with Company’s assets and network.
- Effectively liaise with all legal and law enforcement stakeholders including lawyers in handling case investigations and prosecutions of cases.
- To provide legal support in evidence gathering for the prosecution and defence of cases.
- To provide support in driving compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Provide opinions and clarifications on court matters
- Carry our research related activities and documentation of contracts where necessary.
- Assist in liaising with external parties and legal advice to Business Units and Undertaking offices.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Experience in civil/criminal litigation and other ADR mechanisms.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of the electricity industry.
- 5 years’ experience with at least 4 years in a comparable role.
- Legal Advisory
- Legal Drafting
- Litigation and contract management
- Stakeholder management
- Communication and interpersonal relations
- Supervisory skills
- Problem solving and decision Making
- Managing resources
- Business oriented