Charged With Principal Program – Analyst
- Department: Political Affairs, Peace and Security
- Management: Early Warning
- Grade: P5
- Annual salary: USD 52.273 – 59.100 USD
- Supervisor: Director, Early Warning
- Reference: ECW / PAPS / NEWRM-P (2)
- Duration: Contract (Two years, renewable)
- Place: Abuja, Nigeria
Under the supervision of the Director of Early Warning, the Programme Manager will perform a variety of technical and professional tasks.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The tasks include:
- The identification and implementation of programs relating to ECOWAS protocols and policies.
- The preparation of the documentation to guide decision making.
- Coordination and liaison with analysts yesterday room for monitoring and the development of status reports on various Member States.
He / she will:
- Assist the Director in monitoring the ECOWAS region and conducting a good political and security analysis of the sub-region;
- Participate in the formulation of recommendations to help with strategic decision making;
- Coordinate the tasks assigned to analysts within its division.
- Convene and chair the weekly meetings of prior information to the preparation of reports for analyzing the regional and national situation.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports on regional security;
- Manage information collection activities and data of the Situation Room of the Department of Early Warning of the ECOWAS Commission in Abuja.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Holder of a degree in one of the following areas: Social Sciences, Law, Political Science, Humanities or Business Administration, or equivalent, and have at least ten (10) years of professional experience or holds an advanced degree in one of these disciplines and justify eight (8) years of professional experience.
- Good knowledge of the dynamics of conflicts in the ECOWAS region and international relations
- Achieve results: Having competence in setting realistic goals, prioritize work, on time and contribute effectively as a team member.
- Working knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, MS Power Point, Access.
- Excellent ability to work in teams.
- Demonstrated ability in self-management of material and time.
- Actual ability in negotiation and resolution of problems.
- proactive management of jurisdiction.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
The candidate must not have more than 50 years at enrollment and must be a citizen of one of the Member States of ECOWAS.
Speak and read fluently one of the official languages of the Commission, English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of the other would be an advantage.