Do you want to be responsible for the utilization of our rigs and for developing and executing Maersk Drilling´s sales strategy in the West African region? Can you build strong relationships with our customers and ensure a strong opportunity pipeline for our rigs? Then you should apply for the position as Senior Account Manager, West Africa in Maersk Drilling.
Senior Account Manager, West Africa
LocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development Ref.: MD-098991
We are looking for ’s new representative in the West African region. This is an opportunity to embark a strong company with strong values and good career opportunities. You will be responsible for the utilization of our rigs and all customers in the region as well as understanding and guiding on changes to market fundamentals.
This is a chance to make a difference through building strong relationships with customers and stakeholders in the region.
You will, in an international environment, be in close contact with internal and external stakeholders giving you the opportunity to build a strong network across functions and develop your personal and professional skills even more.
You will be part of an engaged and motivated Commercial department which offers a positive atmosphere and genuine respect. You will from time to time work under tight deadlines and the current market offers a great challenge, but we also respect the need for flexibility and a healthy work life balance.
The position reports to Head of Global Sales based in Lyngby, Denmark and the position itself is based in the Maersk Drilling office in Accra, Ghana. It offers extensive travel activities within the African regions.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing and executing Maersk Drilling´s strategy in the region
• Driving a sales excellence driven approach to the market
• Marketing and promoting the capabilities of Maersk Drilling in the region
• Building and maturing customer relationships in the relevant area, developing in-depth customer profiles and value propositions.
• Building and maturing relationships with local authorities and partners.
• Obtaining market insight through contact with clients, competitors, regulator, brokers and other industry participants.
Who we are looking for
The right candidate has:
• Commercial acumen and a strong drive.
• Superior sales excellence and negotiation skills and understanding of risk allocation and legalities.
• Understanding of financial drivers and constellations.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
• A commercial mindset and talent.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to grasp highly complex transactions and technically advanced equipment.
• The ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, dealing with many tasks at the same time.
• 10-15 years of working experience within in the oil industry.
• A strong drive, willingness to learn and the ability to cope with steep learning curves.
• A customer-centric approach.
• Knowledge of the West African regions, including languages such as French or Portuguese is seen as an advantage.
For further information, please contact: Head of Global Sales, Michael R. Mortensen, [email protected].
Maersk Drilling is a core business unit within the A. P. Moller – Maersk Group. We design, develop and operate a global fleet of advanced drilling rigs using cutting edge technology and know-how. Our modern fleet counts 23 drilling rigs including drillships, deepwater semi-submersibles and high-end jack-up rigs. Maersk Drilling employs an international staff of 4,000 people and generated a profit (NOPAT) of USD 751m in 2015. We create value with our customers through a unique service delivery concept where we customize safe, efficient and consistent drilling services. We build our service around our highly skilled and committed work force, our state of the art offshore drilling rigs and our 40 years of experience operating in the most challenging environments. By joining us, you should be prepared for a career that can lead you anywhere.