MTN Nigeria is looking for Manager, Budget and Financial Control in addition to its workforce in Lagos.
- Ensure Proper Expenditure Management And Tracking, Also Ensure That Functional And Effective Systems And Procedures For Expenditure Management And Budget Control Are In Place.
- Support The Shareholder Return Strategy By Developing And Implementing Information Systems Processes That Are Aligned To Achieving All Elements On The Business Score Card. (I.E. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA Margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management And Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate In The Review Of Business Processes (Headcount, Process Optimisation, Etc.), To Drive Efficiency Gains To Ensure At Least 5% Reduction In Divisional Budget Year-On-Year.
- Manage Departmental Budgeting And Control
- Manage Annual Budget Preparation And Ensure Proper Financial Control For The Department.
- Manage All Departmental General Ledger Accounts And Supervise Reconciliation With Both Finance And Vendors.
- Serve The Division’s Internal Customers And Provide Solutions To Improve The Customer Experience.
- Strategic Partnerships With MTNN Leadership Team To Drive Awareness On Expected Behaviours And Impact On Non-Compliance On Bottom Line Results And Company Image/Reputation.
- Drive Planned Strategy For The Successful Delivery Of MTN Group And MTNN Transformation Initiatives Focusing On Customer Centricity, Including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive An Increase In MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Network And Build Solid Relationships With Internal Units And Relevant Third Parties (E.G. Strategic Investors, Technical And Finance Partners, Business Consultants Etc.) And Develop A Close Working Relationship With Relevant Information Sources To Provide An Integrated Service.
- Maintain Effective Working Relationships With Internal And External Suppliers.
- Coordinate, Coach And Influence External Partners And Essential Support Departments Across MTNN’s Business Units To Deliver A Seamless Pre-Sales And Post-Sales Service Experience.
- Manage Contracts With Suppliers/Vendors
- Build And Manage Vendor Relationships.
- Provide Financial Support To The Department And Advice Chief Information Officer On Any Finance Related Issues.
- Develop, Implement And Maintain Financial Processes, Policies And Procedures For The Department.
- Develop And Maintain A System To Track All Assets Owned By The Department.
- Prepare/Compile Agreed Periodic Activity And Performance Reports For The Attention Of Management.
- Develop Forecasts To Finance For Cash, Accruals For Unpaid Duties And Vendor Invoices In The Department (Remove Unpaid Duties).
- Guide The Implementation Of Financial Policies, Processes And Procedures To Ensure Compliance With GAAP Requirements And MTNN Accounting Policies.
- Ensure Development And Implementation Of Functional And Effective Systems And Procedures For Expenditure Management And Control.
- Continuously Seek Self-Professional Development To Sharpen Skills And Capabilities In A Versatile And Evolving Digital Landscape.
- Coach And Train The Team To Ensure Understanding Of The Objectives And Goals Of The Department, Awareness Of Set Targets/Requirements And Regularly Review Their Training Needs.
- Review Performance Of Individual Team Members And Complete Appraisals In Accordance With The Employee Performance Appraisal Procedures And Time Schedules.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
Experience & Training
- First Degree In Accounting Or Related Field
- Fluent In English
- Professional Accounting Qualification
Minimum 6 Years’ Experience Which Includes:
- Minimum Of 3 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialisation; With Experience In Supervising/Managing Others
- Experience Working In A Medium To Large Organization
- Management Accounting Experience
- Hands On Experience In A Finance Function Preferably In A Multinational Organization
- Finance And Budget Related Training
BA, BEd, BSc Or HND