MTN Nigeria needs Industrial and Employee Relations Manager. More details below:
- To promote and maintain a positive work culture and drive the right values and behaviours by identifying and resolving potentially volatile employee relations issues
- Provide support to the organization in the resolution of grievance issues and maintain positive labour relations between MTNN and relevant Labour organizations.
- Evaluate and monitor related processes, recommending improvements to streamline processes for better compliance and consistency throughout the organization.
- Manage related policies and procedures and recommend relevant changes/updates as necessary.
- Ensure implementation and communication of policy updates; interpret and apply policies & procedures, guidelines, regulations and requirements.
- Contribute promptly to Employee Services and other Human Resources reports.
- Prepare documentation for and attend all disciplinary hearings.
- Generate reports for all disciplinary hearings attended.
- Generate monthly disciplinary reports and communicate learning points to the organization within timelines set in the Disciplinary Process document for process improvements.
- Oversee complete recording and storage of disciplinary cases in employee files, Employee Services files and MTNN Intranet.
- Monitor and review disciplinary and termination documentation for completeness and organizational consistency.
- Develops curriculums and training classes on harassment, discrimination and/or other related topics and deliver classes where applicable.
- Audit disciplinary records on HRIS for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide counselling to all levels of employees regarding conflicts/problems that arise in the workplace.
- Provide support as needed for grievance cases.
- Receive and track all open employee complaints.
- Provide advice to line managers and supervisors on matters pertaining to grievance procedures.
- Prepare necessary documentation to support the legal unit in court cases against the organization relating to employee litigations.
- Liaison with external trade unions on all Industrial Relationships issues Oversee the preparation of a monthly report and ensure timely closure on all action points raised during these meetings.
- Monitor the employee council meeting output and drive completion of action points through relevant Departments in the organization.
- Interface and work in partnership with Employee Council members to escalate appropriate problems to Management through the Corporate Council Meeting as required.
- Advice and support line managers and supervisors as required in the review of work practices and/or conditions of employment.
- Facilitate change through appropriate negotiation and consultation with staff representatives.
- Oversee record maintenance of all industrial and employee relations events and activities.
- Consult with managers as needed on employee related issues; Organize themed end-of-year Employee Council Retreat for all employee council members, HR Managers and Divisional Management as required.
- Advocate for the inclusion of Employee Council on all HR decision-making on employee related issues.
- Update the HR Advisor Culture & Engagement and HR Business Partners on all employee related engagement action points.
- Respond to and advise management and employees on questions regarding employment practices and policy Interpret various labour proposals when necessary Act as a spokesperson in union and employee negotiations in conjunction with Senior Manager, Employee Services, Carry out periodic reviews of expectations of external stakeholders with respect to labour issues.
- Relationship management with all tiers of management and staff within the company Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Facilitate appropriate negotiation and consultation with external stakeholders in Labour such as the Ministry of Labour, Nigeria Employee Consultative Forum, Chartered Institute of Personal Management etc.
- Monitor and ensure organization’s compliance with government regulations in labour matters Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Engage relevant stakeholders promptly on changes to the disciplinary process.
- Ensure that all Managers/Supervisors are trained in, understand and comply with disciplinary policies and processes.
- Oversee coordination and attendance to all Corporate Council Meetings.
- Liaise with the legal department on legal complaints and oversee the communication of adequate responses to complainants.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- Job holder may be required to work beyond normal work hours
- Local travel
Experience and Training
- First degree in any related discipline Certification in human resources or industrial relations will be an added advantage Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others Experience working in a medium to large organization
- General Human Resources practice with practical relevant work experience managing industrial/employee relations in a medium-large sized organisation Formal membership of a human resource/labour relations body will be an added advantage
- Employee Relations
- Labour and Industrial laws
- Collective Bargaining
- Conflict Resolution
- Change Management
BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND