SETTLEMENT & PAYMENTS
Direction and control of all service delivery in relation to Securities Services Settlement in the country
To carry out Payment and General Banking activities in line with laid down procedures and all regulatory requirements.
Banking of client cheques for clearing and uplifting to clients accounts on clearing
To achieve established targeted standards of productivity and client services in the Payment area
To plan, direct, and control the effective and efficient
– Settlement of equity and fixed income
– Registration of shares
– Custody management
– Registration, tracking and reconciliation of CCIs in respect of Foreign clients investments
– Inward and outward for payments
– Provide quality client’s service, response to client queries promptly
– Be cost-effective
– Optimize utilization of resources
• To manage the risks of custodial services in the business and to create a positive business environment
• To direct and control the day to day Settlement and Payment operations and managed the operations team and provide leadership support for the day to day activities
• Ensuring clients’ interest are fully protected and delivering value added services to clients in accordance to established procedures, regulations & laws and also Group business need.
• Lead and develop the Settlement and payment team to ensure efficient operations managed in strict compliance with the various local laws and jurisdictions and group risk standards
• To manage and drive forward the quality process in country and to maintain standards or any internal/external standards established by senior management
• To ensure continuous improvement of team/s performance and effective risk management to protect the Clients’ and Bank’s interest.
• To manage service delivery in accordance with the business plan and in close liaison with sales and product partners.
Qualifications and Skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.