RusselSmith Group Shops Marketing Specialist in Nigeria to carry out the following responsibilities.
Summary of Functions:
- Research, interview sources and stay current on business/services, marketing development trends, digital marketing concepts and tools, and activities for promoting internal/external customer engagement.
- Develop content, collaborate on design and manage the production and distribution of media releases, ads, brochures, newsletters, direct mail, website updates, social media updates and other communications materials for internal and external customers.
- Develop plans for advertising, promotions, public relations and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Plan, strategize and execute marketing campaigns, roadshows, exhibitions and other activities to establish and maintain RusselSmith’s brand presence in the market.
- Coordinate digital marketing efforts including social media content management, email campaigns and online advertising and ensure that resources are utilized properly and the target market is reached in the most cost-effective manner.
- Monitor progress and performance of marketing campaigns and other marketing activities, and provide reports
- Ensure that marketing activities are coordinated in line with the Company’s lead management plan, advertising plan and other applicable marketing-related plans.
- Conduct competitive strategic analysis, consumer segmentation, and consumer insight development.
- Constantly review sales performance data and implement marketing strategies to generate leads
- Monitor lead generation figures and provide reports along with recommendations for improvement
- Define product and service strategies and road maps, and track progress made towards achieving set objectives.
- Develop strategies to ensure that products and services are effectively positioned in the market
- Create, optimize, and constantly improve retention strategies to keep customers.
- Develop an understanding of what is needed to create a great customer experience.
- Develop and create new campaigns and programs geared towards customer retention.
- Prepare and make presentations to various audiences to influence the loyalty and retention program.
- Identify sales opportunities while servicing customers.
- Research and identify gaps in service delivery, product/service weaknesses and recommend changes
New Market Penetration
- Research, analyze and recommend services in line with potential customer needs, market trends and new technologies.
- Generate and describe creative, results-focused marketing concepts to a diverse customer base.
- Coordinate and lead marketing events (presentations, training, exhibitions, demos, etc.)
Service Line Development
- Contribute towards development and improvement of existing service lines through research and analysis of service line performance and marketing initiatives
- Generate reports that analyze profitable service lines that are in the industry.
- Research, test and assess potential service lines
Promotional Strategies & Campaigns
- Plan and create marketing activities by working closely with the sales department and transforming their ideas into promotional campaigns which tie in with the Company’s overall marketing strategy.
- Send promotions through various channels such as direct mail, as inserts in newspapers, Internet advertisements, in-store displays, product endorsements or other special events.
- Develop corporate gift items and other branded material for customer relationship management
- Use social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to promote and direct traffic to the organization and generate leads.
- Continuously measure and report on the effectiveness of promotional strategies to determine which strategy works best for the organization.
- Liaise with Key Stakeholders to ensure that they are fully briefed and engaged in order to make sure that direct marketing campaign objectives are met
- Ensure all communications and campaigns are compliant with industry regulations and are aligned to treating customer friendly (TCF) guidelines
- Identify and analyze the organization’s strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the marketing environment
Integrated Marketing Communications
- Create internal and external communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its services; including graphics, videos, audio, brochures, company product or service fact sheets, logos, or other promotional materials.
- Plan for and liaise with other Departments to prepare and deliver presentations, training programs and other internal marketing efforts which are geared towards employee engagement
- Proofread and maintain content on the company’s intranet, website and social media platforms.
- Act as a liaison and point person with Sales and Marketing management for marketing activities.
- Assist with a variety of Corporate Communications projects including creation of presentations, light copywriting and program/product promotions.
- Stay current with industry practices on marketing communications, and use the knowledge to impact communication tactics.
- Work independently and with other departments and staff in planning and executing internal and external communications programs and strategic planning.
- Manage external agencies and third parties to ensure successful delivery of marketing campaigns
- Ensure all communications are clear, fair and not misleading and relevant regulations are followed e.g. data protection, Treating Customers Fairly principles
- Gain awareness of data protection guidelines and internal data management procedures
Departmental Reports: Generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually reports and presentations. Perform other duties as required or as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or Business administration
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good presentation skills,
• Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.