EngenderHealth needs two M&E Officers to work with its Fistula Care Plus project in Nigeria.
Based in Abuja, the M&E officer will be responsible for monitoring and collection of data for internal and external reporting from project activities and partner sites, collating such data and transmitting collated summaries to the Senior M&E Advisor. The M&E officer will work under the supervision of the Senior M&E Advisor. S/he will participate in project reporting, research activities, train facility staff on assuring data quality and the use of data for decision-making.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with project staff and partners to gather project data, ensure data integrity, clean data and follow-up with project partners on any data requiring clarification.
- Strengthen the use of the client booklet and client tracker database in all supported fistula centers.
- Follow up with the state HMIS officers to enter State Fistula data into the national online database (DHIS)
- Send reviewed state level data to the Snr. M&E advisor for final review and compilation
- Coordinate quarterly State RH/FP and LGA Coordinators’ data review meetings
- Contribute to and maintain project files for all collected data and materials
- Responsible for entry of project data into Engenderhealth’s online database
- Establish and retain a record of each project activity, tasks and milestones and assist project staff with preparation and follow-up of reports on project activities.
- Assist in the coordination of special studies and/or surveys as required by the M&E plan.
- Assist in the production of routine monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as well as special reports on project initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized higher institution.
- Diploma in data management, statistics or another relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 years data management experience
- Previous Monitoring & Evaluation experience
- Certification in data/information software such as SPSS, DHIS2, Stata, MS Access, MS Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly skilled with computer usage and data management software
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data collection, data quality assurance and entry
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public, private and NGO sectors.
- Ability to operate in a pressure-packed environment and to deal with variety of individuals from various socio economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
- Ability to conduct interviews, record findings and work without close supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Ability to carry out 35%-55% travel within Nigeria
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and marital status.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.