The Media Manager will be instrumental in furthering Integrated Marketing Communications team capability, in line with the WMO strategy for TCCC in Nigeria. The position, in conjunction with the media agency AOR partners and other IMC team members, is expected to deliver brilliant results in all Core Creative Idea amplification and impactful Connection Planning & and full IMC plan execution, with emphasis on media (paid, owned, and earned).
The role will assist the CEWA BU in the stewardship of the total portfolio management approach, as it relates specifically to media planning/buying (works with IMC and Franchise managers); ensuring media strategies are aligned with brand objectives -track against milestones and manage budgets for all media related activities within key initiatives/programs in line with BP and brand priorities.
% of Time
- Regional Integrated Marketing Communication Development: partner with local media agency partner to amplify the Core Creative Idea into key connection points with emphasis on media (paid, owned, earned). Apply best media practices from global/regional sources and implement emerging media frameworks (paid, free, and owned media).
- Media / Asset Strategy Development : partner with Brand teams, Franchise teams, IMC teams and agency partners to optimize media investment strategies and plans. Analyse media impact on core brand & business metrics; develop and implement media strategy, ultimately generating greater effectiveness and efficiencies of our IMC plans
- Agency Relationship Management : Lead media agency relationship, managing resource allocation and quality control (timing, cost, creative delivery). Maintains contacts within the media industry. Participate in the negotiation and maintains relationship with media suppliers.
- IMC Plan Execution: Lead to full execution of media plans within IMC plans—ensuring clear links to CCI and leveraging brand strategies. Manage clear processes/routines with key partners (e.g. bottler, agencies, etc.) to ensure plans are executed on time/ in-budget and coordinated across key constituents as needed. Manage clear execution and related “post-mortems”.
Local Brand Team:
Lead media plan development by leveraging local media insights and ensure that brand messages are activated through targeted, relevant, and strategically-aligned media contact points to build brand values and drive profitable volume
Local Agency Team:
Lead and provide direction to the media agency (based on the approved IMC Plan), and manage day-to-day requirements with the media agency based on agreed protocol and processes for fast turnaround of requirements.
Actively participate in annual assessment process and remuneration / contract negotiations with the Media Agency-of-Record.
Internal Support / Process Management –
Brand, IMC, Commercial, Bottler, PAC, Agencies.
KO Finance – Manage day-to-day media financial processes to ensure accuracy of media documents, prompt payment to the media, etc
Helps in establishing and maintaining contacts within the media industry. Maintains relationship with various media suppliers.
Active role to during media rate negotiations.
Global and Regional KO IMC / Media Representation
Functionally reports and manages requirements from BU IMC manager and Global Media Director.
Attend and actively participate in KO Regional Media Meetings / Conference.
Evaluate and adapt best practices from new media learning, guidelines, and other countries to enhance media effectiveness, efficiency, and creativity.
Proficient-Expert level in media analytics to identify and optimize media investment strategies and plans to connect with our consumers. Analyse media impact on core brand metrics and business metrics.
Proficient-Expert level in leveraging financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
Proficient-Expert level in measuring financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
Lead development, judgement and ability to evaluate the Media Plan
Decision-making accountability impacting 50-60% of total Franchise DME (based on % allocated to Media). Critical judgement on day-to-day requirements with the agency based on agreed protocol and processes.
Expected to re-apply best media practices from global/reginal sources and implement emerging media frameworks (paid, free and owned media)
Direct Reports: None. Extensive project management and general coaching and mentoring within team expected. Direct management media agency.
Decision Making: Accountability over media critical investments within specific programs.
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES / SKILLS:
1. Media Planning Process
2. media Analytics
3. Media Assets+Properties
4. Agency management
5. Financial process
7. IMC Innovation (70-20-10 framework)
Leadership Behaviors: Leader of Others
Drive Innovation – Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders – Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
Act Like an Owner – Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
Inspire Others – Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
Develop Self and Other – Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
Builds Brand Love
Seeks understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviours
Pursues innovation and change with a mind-set of continuous improvement
Balances intuition and fact to distil complex thought into compelling ideas
Anticipates future trends to engage and delight consumers
Consulting / Specialist Support
Establishing Strategic Direction For Specialist Area
Develop And Maintain Supplier Relationships
Bachelor’s Degree. Experience in Media, Agency will be an added advantage.
Ability to deal with multiple cultural enviroments.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 30 %
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click job title above to apply