The role of our Champion
Develop and Lead our Merchant Services Strategy
- Develop a thorough understanding and improve Clickatell Transact (i.e. products, services, and vertical value proposition), as well as industry /market forces and the key attributes and needs of Clickatell Transacts Merchants.
- Define, plan and execute a holistic Merchant sales strategy and process that aligns with key revenue, customer experience and LTV: CAC objectives.
- Understand, develop, and optimize merchant sales productivity, analytics, conversion, ideation classification and scoring, and Merchant business closing increasing LTV & lowering CAC
- Forecast sales targets and merchant incentives as well as work as key stakeholder and decision maker on Merchant discount rates (MDR) framework development
- Drive revenue through new merchant acquisition and own success of team by meeting or exceeding all targets and performance metrics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key internal partners, including Marketing, Finance/Analytics, Product, as well as other members of the Sales team to increase velocity of the sales funnel and revenue pipeline.
- Lead the day to day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and scalability including developing and maintaining accurate forecasts and managing team metrics using various reporting methods.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to establish tactical and strategic plans and objectives (including but not limited to planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities).
- Draw on established sales methodology to the lead a team on all aspects of the sales process including discovery, competitive differentiation, client presentations, proposals, contract negotiations and closing of the business.
- Build a culture of accountability, role model best practices, and assist in negotiations of complex high value sales with stakeholders including executive management, business and technical stakeholders.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement.
- Leverage tools and resources to develop and implement effective processes, policies, and training to scale your businesses.
Deliver Insights to Inform Strategy
- Provide strategic insights on Merchant sales, customer needs, competitive strategies, win/loss reasons, sales enablement priorities, product roadmap inputs, to the rest of the business with a goal of maximizing profitable growth in the Merchant Services segment
- Provide high level of visibility to lead generation process, sales pipeline and client satisfaction/retention
- Partner with other internal groups – including Marketing, Business Development, Product/Engineering and Finance – to conduct research, analyze trends, and make recommendations to the leadership team on which merchants and features to prioritize
- Effectively communicate findings via reports and presentations to inform strategies and drive revenue growth.
- Provide Business Support to drive the Clickatell product plan
- Support product with requirements needed to enter new payments verticals successfully
- Support marketing in developing successful go to market plans with new and existing merchants to help drive up processing value and transactions
- Lead negotiations with merchants on incentives and lead the business contracting with merchants that are new to business
- Set targets for success of new and existing merchants
- Negotiate the necessary merchant discount rates together with product leads to ensure that profitability is met and support the design of GP targets and profiles in different merchant categories
- Own the resolution of merchant issues, contract renewals and other pertinent activities that may impact our banking network clients performance
- Influence decisions and directions within the merchants organization
- Understand and keep abreast of industry activity and provide guidance and recommendations to executives
The capabilities of our Champion
- You have a keen understanding of the payments ecosystem
- You are honest and have integrity
- Proven negotiation skills
- Propensity for working in highly disruptive and rapidly changing environments
- Strategic foresight
- Relationship building and customer centricity
- High levels of creativity and innovation
- Strategic skills, understanding the nature of the sale.
- Should have the flair, aptitude and focus on delivering win-win relationships with longevity.
- Build relationships and inspire people to collaborate
Our Champion’s journey so far
- 10+ years payments and merchant services experience
- Proven experience and success in creating successful commercial agreements with large brands and creating long lasting relationships
- Proven ability to lead Merchant sales teams into multiple markets at scale and pace in accordance with market opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar in relevant industry experience.
- Proven ability to lead businesses to success, influence products & go to market plans and solutions, collect and use feedback and deliver results.
- Ability to lead commercial negotiations and have a track record of managing complex business relationships from end to end.
- Understanding of the global mobile industry, players, client and merchant pain points and direction of target segments
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.