FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Advisor
FHI360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Advisor for an upcoming USAID-funded Malaria Elimination Project in Nigeria.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
The individual will oversee the monitoring and evaluation components of the project as well as program monitoring. Working closely with the Surveillance Advisor, s/he must develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets, and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely accurate and complete reports. Also, working closely with the Capacity Building Advisor, s/he must develop training plans to ensure training and skills transfer to the National Malaria Elimination Program at Federal, State and Local Government (LGA) levels
- Contribute to and lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project M&E technical strategies. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Develop training strategies and tools for the transfer of needed M&E skills in design, development and implementation as well as other specific technical components;
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings; and develop M&E work plans;
- Work closely with the project team and National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) to ensure compatibility, consistency and coordination of the M&E project framework with the Nigeria Malaria Elimination Strategy and Nigeria Malaria Operational Plans among others; national and donor requirements;
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems; and
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Responsible for exploitation of project data for production of scientific evidence
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation needs for research related to the project
- Explore/suggest the use of appropriate/innovative methodologies and technologies for information management in the project
- Post–graduate degree in public health – Epidemiology, biostatistics;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience, with progressively increasing level of responsibility in developing countries – experience in Africa desirable;
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods;
- Demonstrated hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems for health programs – experience with malaria MER systems desired;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings for international donors desirable;
- Experience with use of mobile technologies for data collection and reporting a plus;
- Ability to lead, co-ordinate and work with teams, as well as to work independently; and
- Ability to prioritize a and meet tight deadlines
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.