Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
The M&E Officer will be primarily responsible for leading data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by ACF in Northern Nigeria. Under the direction of the M&E Deputy Program Manager and in collaboration with the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized. He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to his/her manager.
Support the operationalization of M&E systems on ACF projects to ensure compliance with donor and ACF M&E standards. Ensure proper and timely implementation of ACF M&E tools, activities, and reporting. Document and promote good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities. Represent ACF externally in relevant forums and working groups at State level.
- Degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Experience with mobile data collection (preferred)
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years M&E related work experience
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values and principles
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with ACF
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH
- Experience with mobile data collection processes and platforms
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies
Application closing date:
27 March, 2016
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their application by email to email@example.com, or in person to the following addresses:
• House No. 3 (Opposite Galadima Gate), 6th Avenue, Gwarinpa, Abuja FCT
• 079, Unguwar Kasarau Yamma Dutse, Jigawa State
• No. 195/196, Don Etebet Housing Estate, Damaturu, Yobe State
• 96 West North, Damboa Road GRA, Behind Indimi House, Damboa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. Applications received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.