MTNN Recruiting Senior Manager Compliance to strengthen its legal workforce. See below for details
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Provide technical leadership/advice and advisory services to line management enterprise-wide and MTNN leadership to enhance the formulation and development of framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of MTNN operations with MTNN policies and procedures and all relevant statutory requirements and laws.
- Review regulatory policies/legislation and provide advisory support to Management across MTNN ensuring the protection of MTN’s stakeholder interest.
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide Compliance Manual and update internal processes and procedures as required due to regulatory changes.
- Assist with developing and implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring and testing programme, identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting all material compliance risks across MTNN.
- Protect MTN assets by establishing compliance standards; anticipating emerging compliance trends; designing improvements to internal control structure enterprise –wide.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Assist with preparing standard and ad-hoc information and data reports to regulators and other stakeholders as required.
- Support in the development of an Ethics Framework and deployment of the framework across the organisation – Act as a Corporate Ethics enforcement agent and Ethical leader and contribute in no small measure in establishing a sustainable ethical culture.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on compliance, regulatory and reputational risks across MTNN.
- Monitor observance of compliance regulations and coordinate with the BRM team.
- Ensure the inclusion of the required level of risk analysis in relation to M&A transactions including requiring appropriate and timely risk analysis during the due diligence phase etc
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary qualification / Masters advantageous.
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- LLB, BL
10 years working experience which should include:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 6 years’ experience in a regulatory affairs function including “hands-on” regulatory compliance strategy within a reputable and structured organization
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Effective stakeholder relationship management experience in a telecoms regulatory environment
- Strong and effective business communication (verbal and writing skills)
- Ability to plan and execute numerous complex projects under pressure
- Demonstrated business acumen and superior judgment
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the Nigerian and global telecommunications industry.
- Experience of communicating with regulators and assisting with regulatory enquiries and inspections.
- On the job training
- Post Graduate courses in Telecommunications Regulations – relevant courses, seminars, conferences and workshops to include:
- Telecommunications Management training
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Competition Law
- GSM conferences /Industry fora
- Management Development Program
Advert Closes on 2nd March, 2016